Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birks inserts

Posted by Julie on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008555)

Hi everyone,

Am getting ready to order some inserts from Birks and was just wondering if anyone out there has ordered them before and how they were. I don't know whether to order the Blue Footbed Arch Supports or the softer insoles...Full length or 3/4? Cork or foam? I have tried Spenco and they almost killed my feet. Are the Blue Footbeds just as hard and uncomfortable and do they have a hole for your heel to rest in. I think thats why the Birks I have (Arizonias) are so comfortable. There isn't any store in my area that carries these so I have to rely on mail order. Thanks for your help.

Re: Birks inserts

Judy on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008354)

Thanks for the infor. I didn't know there was a Scholls shop. Where is it located and do they have a phone#?

Jenny Lewis on 6/30/99 at 00:00 (008376)

Hi Judy

Oops - I should remember to mention that I live in London, in England! The Scholls shop I went to is in central London which is very handy for most people in this neck of the woods, but if you are not hereabouts.... don't know what to suggest. I didn't look for them on the web, but that might be worth a try?

good luck

jl

andi k on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008557)

I have the 3/4 length blue inserts. They are very hard like Spenco (I have those,too). There is no indentation for your heel as I recall, but the arch is built up more than the Spenco inserts so it relieves lots of pressure from the heel area. I like them, but found I had to get used to them. I haven't seen the softer Birk inserts, but I bet they'd be great for exercising. Good luck!

Diane F. on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008617)

I have the blue birk inserts and they have a indentation for the heel area. I bought them from shoetree.com , they were the one they recomended and I love them :). Not sure if they are the same as andik, but they are firm but feel great and also protect my arch. If you buy from them (they are in canada) if the US dollar is stronger you can save money, I saved a amount last time. Good Luck !

Sue on 7/12/99 at 00:00 (008670)

I was fitted by an orthotic supply compamy with the Birk 3/4 length cork orthotic with a foam liner. I wore them every day for three months. The podiatrist then modified them by adding additional heal cushioning. It made them too bulky so I stopped wearing them. I actually didn't notice any improvement either way.

Judy on 6/29/99 at 00:00 (008354)

Thanks for the infor. I didn't know there was a Scholls shop. Where is it located and do they have a phone#?

Jenny Lewis on 6/30/99 at 00:00 (008376)

Hi Judy

Oops - I should remember to mention that I live in London, in England! The Scholls shop I went to is in central London which is very handy for most people in this neck of the woods, but if you are not hereabouts.... don't know what to suggest. I didn't look for them on the web, but that might be worth a try?

good luck

jl

andi k on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008557)

I have the 3/4 length blue inserts. They are very hard like Spenco (I have those,too). There is no indentation for your heel as I recall, but the arch is built up more than the Spenco inserts so it relieves lots of pressure from the heel area. I like them, but found I had to get used to them. I haven't seen the softer Birk inserts, but I bet they'd be great for exercising. Good luck!

Diane F. on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008617)

I have the blue birk inserts and they have a indentation for the heel area. I bought them from shoetree.com , they were the one they recomended and I love them :). Not sure if they are the same as andik, but they are firm but feel great and also protect my arch. If you buy from them (they are in canada) if the US dollar is stronger you can save money, I saved a amount last time. Good Luck !

Sue on 7/12/99 at 00:00 (008670)

I was fitted by an orthotic supply compamy with the Birk 3/4 length cork orthotic with a foam liner. I wore them every day for three months. The podiatrist then modified them by adding additional heal cushioning. It made them too bulky so I stopped wearing them. I actually didn't notice any improvement either way.