Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: To Bea re bursitis etc.

Posted by Barb Lundeen on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008561)

Bea - Can you tell the difference in the type and location of pain in the different things you have - where does the Achilles tendonitis hurt? - and are the bursa located on the sides of the heels - low on the edge of the heel? Is the bursitis like the bursitis you get in your shoulder sometimes (at least, I do) or is it a different more achey pain? I really appreciate info from someone who has been there and had it diagnosed. Thanks
Barb

Bea on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008564)

Hi- the achillies tendonitis hurts along the achilles tendon going down to the foot where on some days the heel spur continues under the heel, however heel spur does not hurt all the time . I'd say 4 or so days a week. The bursitis is along the side of my foot and seems to swell a lot if i am on my feet too much (say, morethan an hour) Sometimes I can't tell where the pain is coming from it is just a big throbbing mess. I ad my first phyical terapy today. They put pads soaked with an intense liquid aspirin on diferent parts of my foot and then attached electrodes and sent the electricity through for about 15 minutes. It felt pretty good after. I am going again tomorrow and I am not going to take the antiinflammatory to see if it really helps the pain. Sorr for such a long message but I got carred away. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.

Bea on 7/07/99 at 00:00 (008564)

Hi- the achillies tendonitis hurts along the achilles tendon going down to the foot where on some days the heel spur continues under the heel, however heel spur does not hurt all the time . I'd say 4 or so days a week. The bursitis is along the side of my foot and seems to swell a lot if i am on my feet too much (say, morethan an hour) Sometimes I can't tell where the pain is coming from it is just a big throbbing mess. I ad my first phyical terapy today. They put pads soaked with an intense liquid aspirin on diferent parts of my foot and then attached electrodes and sent the electricity through for about 15 minutes. It felt pretty good after. I am going again tomorrow and I am not going to take the antiinflammatory to see if it really helps the pain. Sorr for such a long message but I got carred away. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.