Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New Balance sneakers

Posted by Judy on 7/08/99 at 00:00 (008579)

Help....have been looking all over (including the internet) for New Balance sneakers style #850. I am very interested in purchasing these as they are the ones most mentioned here on your postings. I have place 3 orders so far at various sites only to be called back in a short time saying they are out of stock on these. If anyone can help, I'd sure appreciate it or if you have purchased New Balance sneaker (other than 850) and have had success with them, please let me know. tHANKS.

Re: New Balance sneakers

Wendy on 7/08/99 at 00:00 (008583)

On the advice of my PT I purchased a pair of these about 5 weeks ago. (not sure which style). I wear them with my orthotics. Mine have a mile/moderate motion control which is supposed to keep my feet from pronating so much. My feet and legs HATED them the first 2 or 3 days, but now the shoes don't bother me. I think I had a bit of trouble adjusting to the more rigid sole.

Ann on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008603)

Wendy, try http://www.nbwebexpress.com
This is the web site that I used to order my NB shoes. They have just about everything. I looked at the site this morning and they show the 850's. I think that they are under cross trainers. I have ordered two pairs from them. I ordered the 840's and didn't care for the way they fit and now the 712's because they have heel support. I wear a size 12 shoe and they have always had what I wanted. They feel real good in the heel area. Hope this helps.

Debbie on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008611)

I have new balance 852, I got them at Just for Feet, they said it was the next generation of the 850 and 851. They have been a miracle.

Judy on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008615)

Have ordered 850's from two different sources on the web but after a day they call me and say they are out of stock and have them backordered...they are due in around Sept. 1st. soooooooooo today I went out and bought New Balance 606 Cross -Trainers (they were in the mall where I went and they had my size so I went for it). Will let you know how I do with them...so far ....so good. Everyone I talked to said the Cross-Trainers were MUCH better for your feet than the Walking or Running type sneaker...hence I bought the Cross Trainers.
Now if they only take the pain (or most of it) away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorrie on 7/11/99 at 00:00 (008640)

My husband just bought a pair of 852's. He said 'Aaaaahhhhhh!' the minute he put them on. They were only $75, which I did not think was bad. He has bought more expensive ones with no help to his foot.
We are interested in seeing long-term results but just wanted to let you know he had some relief just putting them on!

Dana on 7/11/99 at 00:00 (008652)

The NB 852 are great if you pronate because they have the rollbar which keeps your foot from rolling in. Great shoes!

Laura on 7/14/99 at 00:00 (008707)

Try http://www.newbalance.com

This site will locate dealers in your area.

Also, try http://compare.net
to see descriptions of all types of shoes to find ones that will work for you.

John on 7/23/99 at 00:00 (008972)

some of the Just For Feet stores still have some 850's but they are being replaced by the 852's which appear to be as good or better than the 850's. they have a roll bar which helps prevent pronation and are a stable cross trainer. I have a pair of 852's which cost around $90 including taxes.

Wendy on 7/08/99 at 00:00 (008583)

On the advice of my PT I purchased a pair of these about 5 weeks ago. (not sure which style). I wear them with my orthotics. Mine have a mile/moderate motion control which is supposed to keep my feet from pronating so much. My feet and legs HATED them the first 2 or 3 days, but now the shoes don't bother me. I think I had a bit of trouble adjusting to the more rigid sole.

Ann on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008603)

Wendy, try http://www.nbwebexpress.com
This is the web site that I used to order my NB shoes. They have just about everything. I looked at the site this morning and they show the 850's. I think that they are under cross trainers. I have ordered two pairs from them. I ordered the 840's and didn't care for the way they fit and now the 712's because they have heel support. I wear a size 12 shoe and they have always had what I wanted. They feel real good in the heel area. Hope this helps.

Debbie on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008611)

I have new balance 852, I got them at Just for Feet, they said it was the next generation of the 850 and 851. They have been a miracle.

Judy on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008615)

Have ordered 850's from two different sources on the web but after a day they call me and say they are out of stock and have them backordered...they are due in around Sept. 1st. soooooooooo today I went out and bought New Balance 606 Cross -Trainers (they were in the mall where I went and they had my size so I went for it). Will let you know how I do with them...so far ....so good. Everyone I talked to said the Cross-Trainers were MUCH better for your feet than the Walking or Running type sneaker...hence I bought the Cross Trainers.
Now if they only take the pain (or most of it) away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorrie on 7/11/99 at 00:00 (008640)

My husband just bought a pair of 852's. He said 'Aaaaahhhhhh!' the minute he put them on. They were only $75, which I did not think was bad. He has bought more expensive ones with no help to his foot.
We are interested in seeing long-term results but just wanted to let you know he had some relief just putting them on!

Dana on 7/11/99 at 00:00 (008652)

The NB 852 are great if you pronate because they have the rollbar which keeps your foot from rolling in. Great shoes!

Laura on 7/14/99 at 00:00 (008707)

Try http://www.newbalance.com

This site will locate dealers in your area.

Also, try http://compare.net
to see descriptions of all types of shoes to find ones that will work for you.

John on 7/23/99 at 00:00 (008972)

some of the Just For Feet stores still have some 850's but they are being replaced by the 852's which appear to be as good or better than the 850's. they have a roll bar which helps prevent pronation and are a stable cross trainer. I have a pair of 852's which cost around $90 including taxes.