Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Made my own Arch Supports

Posted by Bryan on 7/10/99 at 00:00 (008601)

Hello all fellow PF sufferers. I have had this for at least 5 years. I thought I just had sore feet and spent my life trying to find the best way to pad my heel. I finally went to the Doc a few weeks ago. I have PF and Heel spurs on both feet. I have spent a bunch of money at the doctor only to learn what was available on this site for free. PF succumbs to knowledge and perserverence, not necessarily to 'Medical treatment'. Any way, I made clay impressions of my feet and then plaster of paris cast. I taped up a mold around the plaster cast and made perfect fitting arch supports from silicon sealant. I then siliconed these to some regular Dr Scholls Flexo arch supports (after having scraped the foam off). I got everything at Wal-Mart. Although I am not completely cured, I am getting slowly better. The pain now is annoying rather than excrusiating. I have atarted walking again and can stand for hours with out that 'searing hot spike in my heeel' feeling the next morning. I showed my arch supports to my podiatrist and he liked them very much. The ones that he was going to recommend to me cost $400. I spent about 40 bucks for all my archmaking supplies and have most of it left over.
I want to be clear that my doc said I had unusually high arches. Arch support were definitately going to help me. He told me that after he first examined my feet. I am also doing the stretches. Good luck to ALL of you.
I can only hope that there is a special place in heaven reserved for PF sufferers. Perhaps acouple of our smaller sins will be forgiven in exchange for this suffering.