Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm convinced that's how....

Posted by VioletD on 7/11/99 at 00:00 (008636)

I really did a job on my heel. A couple years ago I didn't know what was wrong with my heel yet, and walked barefoot on the beach the first day there. Up to then it only hurt once in a while. I killed my foot that day. I had swelling, when I had never had any before.

Last year I didn't ever get out of my sneakers on the beach. I wore my Nike Air sneakers with Dr. Scholl's arch supports inside. My feet didn't suffer any more damage as a result. When I went into the water, I made a point of walking with my toes curled down, so I took the strain off the fascia.

Re: I'm convinced that's how....

Wendy2 on 7/11/99 at 00:00 (008644)

Interesting you say you curled your toes under to take the pressure off the facia. I have developed what it probably a bad habit of doing that all the time when I am standing or walking bare foot. Especially while standing in the kitchen, putting on make up etc. I wear my shoes all the time now so I rarely catch myself doing it anymore, I just never realized that other people did it too....

Re: I'm convinced that's how....

Wendy2 on 7/11/99 at 00:00 (008644)

Interesting you say you curled your toes under to take the pressure off the facia. I have developed what it probably a bad habit of doing that all the time when I am standing or walking bare foot. Especially while standing in the kitchen, putting on make up etc. I wear my shoes all the time now so I rarely catch myself doing it anymore, I just never realized that other people did it too....