Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thank heavens I'm not alone...

Posted by JillR on 7/13/99 at 00:00 (008688)

Hi all,

I just discovered this site and have found all the information to be very interesting. I can't wait to get my hands on some Ibuprofen cream. I've had PF for about 5 years, ever since trekking through Italy in a pair of adorable, but completely unsupportive, sandals. It's making me crazy. I'm so tired of not dancing, walking, running, wearing regular shoes, etc., because of my sore feet. I've tried orthotics twice, night splints, icing, a lot of Advil, reflexology (heck, a nice footrub whatever else it does) and acupuncture. I'm afraid to go back to my ortho because I don't want cortisone shots. I am a big believer in Birkenstocks and never going barefoot, and ice, ice and more ice.

Has anyone else gained weight because of the inactivity? I've gained way too much and find it difficult to take off because I'm just not as active as I used to be. I ride the stationary bike at the gym 4x/week, but that tain't enough. So my feet hurt even more... Sigh.

Just needed to vent a bit and give thanks that I'm not the only tenderfoot out there.

JillR

Re: Thank heavens I'm not alone...

Audrey on 7/17/99 at 00:00 (008768)

Hi, I was just diagnosed with PF 2 weeks ago & am having a lot of difficulty dealing with the pain & frustration. I'm generally a very active person so I have had to modify my lifestyle somewhat. I'm also having a very very hard time with shoes. My work environment calls for 'business smart', I have yet to find sandals or shoes that fit this description, and are also comfortable. HELP!

Bobette on 7/17/99 at 00:00 (008770)

I have just recently been diagnosed with PF and was so happy to find
this web page. It's so depressing to want to do things, but have to
make choices each day how to spend time on my feet...for awhile I was
trying to perservere, but found very quickly that just makes it worse. My sons' college orientation is next week for 2 days on a very
large campus and I have been looking forward to it since spring...I now have to decide if I'm willing to use a wheelchair or let him go with his Dad and just stay home. To come to the realization that I
would have to do that is sooo depressing! Any suggestions? Thanks for your input and I too am so glad 'I'm not alone'.

Jill on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008828)

I also have to dress for bsiness smart. I bought a pair of ana-tech, danish (http://ana-techshoes.com/home.html). They aren't exactly a real business shoes so I have had to alter my dress a little. I try to explain to my boss but I'm not sure he gets it, but he would not complain about my dress I don't think. It's other people in the company I worry about. I think I might have gone with the dansko's if I had it to do over (http://www.dansko.com/) but they were not at the store I was at when I felt I had to have good shoes right away. They were well worth the $100.

Audrey on 7/17/99 at 00:00 (008768)

Hi, I was just diagnosed with PF 2 weeks ago & am having a lot of difficulty dealing with the pain & frustration. I'm generally a very active person so I have had to modify my lifestyle somewhat. I'm also having a very very hard time with shoes. My work environment calls for 'business smart', I have yet to find sandals or shoes that fit this description, and are also comfortable. HELP!

Bobette on 7/17/99 at 00:00 (008770)

I have just recently been diagnosed with PF and was so happy to find
this web page. It's so depressing to want to do things, but have to
make choices each day how to spend time on my feet...for awhile I was
trying to perservere, but found very quickly that just makes it worse. My sons' college orientation is next week for 2 days on a very
large campus and I have been looking forward to it since spring...I now have to decide if I'm willing to use a wheelchair or let him go with his Dad and just stay home. To come to the realization that I
would have to do that is sooo depressing! Any suggestions? Thanks for your input and I too am so glad 'I'm not alone'.

Jill on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008828)

I also have to dress for bsiness smart. I bought a pair of ana-tech, danish (http://ana-techshoes.com/home.html). They aren't exactly a real business shoes so I have had to alter my dress a little. I try to explain to my boss but I'm not sure he gets it, but he would not complain about my dress I don't think. It's other people in the company I worry about. I think I might have gone with the dansko's if I had it to do over (http://www.dansko.com/) but they were not at the store I was at when I felt I had to have good shoes right away. They were well worth the $100.