Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

AOFAS

Posted by Laura on 7/14/99 at 00:00 (008704)

To my fellow PF sufferers,

Please check out this website: http://www.aofas.org

It's the Association of Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeons. I can't tell you how helpful it has been. Among other things, the highlights are:

- Articles from past conferences discussing recent findings of treatment protocols including OssiTron, exercises, surgery, etc.

- Exercises for heel pain, including diagrams and instructions.

- Find a doctor in your area (by ZIP code).

After deciding that my current pod doesn't know what the @&!$ he is doing, I started doing the exercises that are on this site. After only one week, I'm already starting to feel improvement (combined with new orthotics and New Balance 652's).

Please, please check it out! Best of luck to you...

Laura

Re: AOFAS

Wendy on 7/14/99 at 00:00 (008708)

Excellent reference, thank you, Laura. I was happy to see that they consider surgery the last resort, as do most of us on this message board. My first doctor, a podiatrist, only wants to do surgery. I'm going to an orthopediac doc now and was happy to find his name listed in the AOFAS reference list.

Re: AOFAS

Wendy on 7/14/99 at 00:00 (008708)

Excellent reference, thank you, Laura. I was happy to see that they consider surgery the last resort, as do most of us on this message board. My first doctor, a podiatrist, only wants to do surgery. I'm going to an orthopediac doc now and was happy to find his name listed in the AOFAS reference list.