Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spur Removal and Full Release Surgery

Posted by Desiree on 7/15/99 at 00:00 (008716)

Just wondering if others have had this surgery and the results. It's
been one week today and still haven't put much weight on it but, was
told to start 50% weight bearing tomorrow.

Re: Heel Spur Removal and Full Release Surgery

Lori on 7/18/99 at 00:00 (008807)

Hi Desiree! Am 8 weeks post op from spur removal and 2/3 release. Wow! Your Dr. is less conservative than mine! Mine wouldn't let me put ANY weight on the foot until 3 weeks. THEN, I was able to use crutches for 1 week. My foot's a bit sore each day but it's also getting better every day. I had NO pain after the surgery. Only soreness when I started to put weight on it. Still, it's not as bad as it was for 10 years before the surgery.
Good luck!
Lori in AZ

Re: Heel Spur Removal and Full Release Surgery

Lori on 7/18/99 at 00:00 (008807)

Hi Desiree! Am 8 weeks post op from spur removal and 2/3 release. Wow! Your Dr. is less conservative than mine! Mine wouldn't let me put ANY weight on the foot until 3 weeks. THEN, I was able to use crutches for 1 week. My foot's a bit sore each day but it's also getting better every day. I had NO pain after the surgery. Only soreness when I started to put weight on it. Still, it's not as bad as it was for 10 years before the surgery.
Good luck!
Lori in AZ