Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Barb Lundeen! FOOTFLEX ARRIVED

Posted by Karen on 7/15/99 at 00:00 (008725)

I received the foot flex at work today. I've tried it twice today and felt good stretching each time. The bent knee stretch is a little hard on my already messed up left knee so I have to be careful to squat and keep my knee behind my foot. What do you do with the other leg? I can't seem to find the right place for it. Sometimes it's out in front, others it's side by side. Do you bend both knees or just the one you're stretching?
Karen

Re: Barb Lundeen! FOOTFLEX ARRIVED

Barb Lundeen on 7/15/99 at 00:00 (008737)

Hi Karen - I think I cheat but this is not a weight bearing 'exercise' anyway so what I do is put it by a chair (or counter - something to hang on to) and then I don't have to worry about balancing while I'm bending knee and leaning forward - You dont have to lean very far - just til you feel a tiny bit of stretch in the muscle right above your Achilles tendon - hold it for 10 seconds straighten for 10 seconds and repeat two more times - then straight leg and lean forward, hold for 10 secs etc three times - when you do straight leg it should be stretching the big fat muscle right below the knee on the back of your leg - DON'T overstretch - just tiny 'baby steps' - 'nibbles' - I'm not even thinking about changing the angle from the first stop until I'm just doing this cause its so much fun%>). Glad to hear it feels good - I think so too.
Barb

Beth on 7/23/99 at 00:00 (008967)

I wanted to let you all know I got my Foot Flex in the mail yesterday and have stretched 4 times with it so far. I have been stretching my legs and calves for the past 12 weeks using the wall stretch, step stretch, and the pull back on your foot stretch. I've been fairly consistent in that I have done it at least 2x/day everyday since mid April. Because I've been stretching I put the Foot Flex on number 4 (max. stretch level) and feel it is working well. It's the toe stretch that I'm feeling most in my arch. I'm still doing the step and the floor stretches (hamstrings) and feel like the Foot Flex is a good addition to my routine. I don't think I would have started with number 4 though if I hadn't already stretched for a while. I'm trying to stretch more often now since I have read on this site that it is so important. My goal is 2x in the morning, 2 times in the afternoon, and 2 times in the evening. I'm also icing more. I really hope we all get better! I'll report back next Friday about the Foot Flex and hope you to hear from others who are using it.

Beth

Beth on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008988)

As a follow-up...the level I am on is number 2, not number 4. I've done it a few times and am still thinking it's benefitting me. Beth

Barb Lundeen on 7/15/99 at 00:00 (008737)

Hi Karen - I think I cheat but this is not a weight bearing 'exercise' anyway so what I do is put it by a chair (or counter - something to hang on to) and then I don't have to worry about balancing while I'm bending knee and leaning forward - You dont have to lean very far - just til you feel a tiny bit of stretch in the muscle right above your Achilles tendon - hold it for 10 seconds straighten for 10 seconds and repeat two more times - then straight leg and lean forward, hold for 10 secs etc three times - when you do straight leg it should be stretching the big fat muscle right below the knee on the back of your leg - DON'T overstretch - just tiny 'baby steps' - 'nibbles' - I'm not even thinking about changing the angle from the first stop until I'm just doing this cause its so much fun%>). Glad to hear it feels good - I think so too.
Barb

Beth on 7/23/99 at 00:00 (008967)

I wanted to let you all know I got my Foot Flex in the mail yesterday and have stretched 4 times with it so far. I have been stretching my legs and calves for the past 12 weeks using the wall stretch, step stretch, and the pull back on your foot stretch. I've been fairly consistent in that I have done it at least 2x/day everyday since mid April. Because I've been stretching I put the Foot Flex on number 4 (max. stretch level) and feel it is working well. It's the toe stretch that I'm feeling most in my arch. I'm still doing the step and the floor stretches (hamstrings) and feel like the Foot Flex is a good addition to my routine. I don't think I would have started with number 4 though if I hadn't already stretched for a while. I'm trying to stretch more often now since I have read on this site that it is so important. My goal is 2x in the morning, 2 times in the afternoon, and 2 times in the evening. I'm also icing more. I really hope we all get better! I'll report back next Friday about the Foot Flex and hope you to hear from others who are using it.

Beth

Beth on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008988)

As a follow-up...the level I am on is number 2, not number 4. I've done it a few times and am still thinking it's benefitting me. Beth