Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis x 2 yrs --left foot healed.. now right foot has it... 1st acupuncture trtmt. today

Posted by Michele on 7/17/99 at 00:00 (008761)

I have had this problem for 2 years. My left foot was affected first. After numerous casts, cortisone shots (not real helpful), rest, ice, exercise, leg splinting, new athletic shoes, and shoe inserts it pretty much healed. That took over a year. I am a nurse and work on my feet and this is just horrible because I have to be on full disability each time I get a flare up. This financially devastates my household. Last October my 'good' foot was diagnosed with the same problem. This has been a nightmare all over again. I feel so mentally down from this problem. Currently I have been off of work since May 21, 1999. I am in a leg splint/walker all day and sleep in it too. I have had 2 more cortisone shots in May and again in June. Not to mention the ones I had in February and also last October. Surgery is deffinitely something I DO NOT want to do. At my last doctor appt. 1 week ago I was given the impression my doctor did not know what else she could do for me. Once again I was sent home to continue using my leg splint/walker, rest, stretch, ice, and try to get access to a pool to swim. I am so frustrated about this. I am due to return to work in 4 weeks. I decided to try acupuncture. Today was my first treatment. I have been feeling very sore on the bottom of my foot since then, and have been getting strange sensations on the outside of my leg where a needle site was. I have no one to ask about these post treatment aches, and hoped I could get some feedback here from other sufferers who have tried acupuncture. I am also scheduled for a reflexology massage treatment in a few days and wonder if anyone has had relief from that. The acupuncturist wants me to have one of each treatment weekly. Any feedback about this will be greatly appreciated. Good luck to us all !

Re: Plantar Fasciitis x 2 yrs --left foot healed.. now right foot has it... 1st acupuncture trtmt. today

Sue on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008827)

Yikes! I thought I had foot problems. You have me beat. Anyway I have had 2 acupuncture treatments and no side effects as you describe. In fact none at all thus far. I am taking my treatments at a student clinic of a naturopathic and acupuncture school in the Northwest. I meet tomorrow with a herblist to set up a supportive program to go along with the acupuncture. Will let you know how it goes. Good luck

Re: Plantar Fasciitis x 2 yrs --left foot healed.. now right foot has it... 1st acupuncture trtmt. today

Sue on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008827)

Yikes! I thought I had foot problems. You have me beat. Anyway I have had 2 acupuncture treatments and no side effects as you describe. In fact none at all thus far. I am taking my treatments at a student clinic of a naturopathic and acupuncture school in the Northwest. I meet tomorrow with a herblist to set up a supportive program to go along with the acupuncture. Will let you know how it goes. Good luck