Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

very frustrated

Posted by pete on 7/17/99 at 00:00 (008777)

I have had plantar fasciitis for 6 years. I've tried orthotics, taping, physical therapy, massage, anti inflamatories, night splint, stretching, and nothing seems to work. My feet are spreading out length and width by the year, and more pronation too. I really feel that it's due to the tightness in my calves or tissues in the the back of my leg, and my ankles inability to flex properly when walking. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to loosen up my calves and ankles though. Now I am developing poor ciruculation and tingling in my feet, and knee and hip/back pain as well. I think this condition has totally thrown out of whach my body mechanics. I've read scott's 25 page essay. Very good, but don't think there's anything that would help me. Any ideas on what's going on or how to fix it? How can I get the tissues in my calves or tendons to loosen up? They have REFUSED to do so thus far!! I don't have diabetes either.

Re: very frustrated

Laura on 7/17/99 at 00:00 (008788)

Pete,
I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. I sure wish I had some constructive advise to give. I suppose just keep trying other doctors until one gives you some good treatment. Good luck to you...
Laura

Barb Lundeen on 7/17/99 at 00:00 (008795)

Hate to sound like a broken record but try the Foot Flex - the tight calf sounds like me and the FF sure is doing the trick - my calf muscles are so much more relaxed and further more I'm not getting 'charley horses' in the middle of the night. At least go to the site - http://www.selfsource.com - and read everything he has to say about feet - then you can make an educated decision about whether or not to get this item - I am really glad I did but not everything works for everybody!! Good luck.
Barb

Re: very frustrated-Pete

Bea on 7/18/99 at 00:00 (008797)

You might give some thought to accupuncture. I know it can help circulation problems in some cases.

Gordon on 7/22/99 at 00:00 (008944)

My calves get all tight when ever I eat simple carbs. Try an atkins type diet with high protein and no simple carbs-NONE!!!. No Bread, commercial cerals, no sugar, very low fruit (take lots of VIT C to compensate) . If this is right for you, you may feel like hell for the 1st 2weeks on this diet. Exercise as much as possible. Eat vegetables like brocoli, spinach sweet potatoes (no white), meat, salmon raw nuts, seeds etc, lots of water. This may not cure your conditions but it I haven't heard anybody say it didn't help yet.

mardi on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (009004)

I have been on Adkin's now for over a year now...I love the energy it gives me and the weight loss...but I didn't notice any improvement in my PF until I changed shoes...I was considering going back to a veggie diet...but hmmmm....maybe not.

Laura on 7/17/99 at 00:00 (008788)

Pete,
I'm so sorry to hear about your problems. I sure wish I had some constructive advise to give. I suppose just keep trying other doctors until one gives you some good treatment. Good luck to you...
Laura

Barb Lundeen on 7/17/99 at 00:00 (008795)

Hate to sound like a broken record but try the Foot Flex - the tight calf sounds like me and the FF sure is doing the trick - my calf muscles are so much more relaxed and further more I'm not getting 'charley horses' in the middle of the night. At least go to the site - http://www.selfsource.com - and read everything he has to say about feet - then you can make an educated decision about whether or not to get this item - I am really glad I did but not everything works for everybody!! Good luck.
Barb

Re: very frustrated-Pete

Bea on 7/18/99 at 00:00 (008797)

You might give some thought to accupuncture. I know it can help circulation problems in some cases.

Gordon on 7/22/99 at 00:00 (008944)

My calves get all tight when ever I eat simple carbs. Try an atkins type diet with high protein and no simple carbs-NONE!!!. No Bread, commercial cerals, no sugar, very low fruit (take lots of VIT C to compensate) . If this is right for you, you may feel like hell for the 1st 2weeks on this diet. Exercise as much as possible. Eat vegetables like brocoli, spinach sweet potatoes (no white), meat, salmon raw nuts, seeds etc, lots of water. This may not cure your conditions but it I haven't heard anybody say it didn't help yet.

mardi on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (009004)

I have been on Adkin's now for over a year now...I love the energy it gives me and the weight loss...but I didn't notice any improvement in my PF until I changed shoes...I was considering going back to a veggie diet...but hmmmm....maybe not.