Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Unsympathetic husbands

Posted by Lori on 7/18/99 at 00:00 (008806)

Hi Dana! Well, 8 weeks post op, my husband constantly tells me that I'll never get better! I have to listen to this each day, especially at the end of the day when my foot's a bit sore and I limp a bit (I'm 43). I just decided not to argue with him. I just say, 'maybe you're right' and go on with my life. Each day, I notice my foot is getting a bit better. I KNOW I will be fine someday soon. You WILL get better but I believe that much of the healing is psychological and you CAN'T let your husband get you down. Just say, 'whatever' and BELIEVE you will get better.
Lori in AZ

Re: Unsympathetic husbands

Laura on 7/18/99 at 00:00 (008816)

Lori,
I'm sorry your husband is being such a jerk. When he gets old and feeble and sick, who does he think is going to be taking care of him? Huh? If my husband were saying that kind of crap to me, I'd tell him that if he didn't have anything positive or helpful to say, then don't say anything at all. I thank God for my supportive loving husband.
Sorry....probably wasn't my place to say that, but it really makes me mad to hear stuff like that. Best of luck to you.
Laura

Re: Unsympathetic husbands

Laura on 7/18/99 at 00:00 (008816)

Lori,
I'm sorry your husband is being such a jerk. When he gets old and feeble and sick, who does he think is going to be taking care of him? Huh? If my husband were saying that kind of crap to me, I'd tell him that if he didn't have anything positive or helpful to say, then don't say anything at all. I thank God for my supportive loving husband.
Sorry....probably wasn't my place to say that, but it really makes me mad to hear stuff like that. Best of luck to you.
Laura