Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I had the orthotripsy performed Friday July 16, 1999

Posted by Jenn on 7/18/99 at 00:00 (008812)

I had the orthotripsy performed at the Toronto Institute of Sports Medicine Friday 7-16-99. The pain from the procedure was tolerable. If you have pf than you can handle this procedure!!!

I have had pf for 3 years. I am a runner and I play rugby. I was unable to play because the pain had become debilitating. (I did continue to run for about a year, thinking it would go away- foolish me!!!) It got so bad that I was unable to go grocery shopping or stand for more than 10 minutes at a time. The last time I was able to run was November 1, 1998. I'm lucky if I am able to walk for long periods of time. I have had every conservative treatment: steriod injections, icing, ibuprofen, orthotics, magnetic therapy, saline injections, ultrasound, night splints, oral steroids, physical therapy and finally a cast for 6 weeks.

Today is Sunday and I will be going to work tomorrow. The pain now is different, but I think it is becuase of the procedure. Some of the 'old' pain is not there and it does feel better. So far, I feel that I am much better and I will keep you posted. And I can walk. I walked out of the clinic after the procedure.