Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pain in ankle

Posted by wendy2 on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008839)

I also have a lot of pain now in my ankle. When I had PF I did not have pain there, but I am told that I may have Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and that in my case that's what's causing the ankle pain. Usually it's the inside of my ankle, and it can vary from burning to a pinching sharp pain. The only thing that seems to help is soaking my feet in ice water for about 20 minutes and rest. Taking my shoes off when I drive also seems to help for some reason.....

Re: pain in ankle

John on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008844)

wendy: i had a nerve conduction test on my feet today which indicated mild Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome in both feet. Both feet also exhibit the symptoms of PF which is what I thought my problem was. Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome can produce pain in your ankle as well as bottom of your feet. I am waiting for Doctor to tell me whether he will suggest surgery or not. I am unfamiliar with this surgery but it is not unlike surgery for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome of the wrist. If surgery can cure the pain (ongoing for over 5 years) then I will have at it.

Jodi on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008863)

I have never heard of Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome in your feet, that may be something to look into. Thanks!

John on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008844)

wendy: i had a nerve conduction test on my feet today which indicated mild Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome in both feet. Both feet also exhibit the symptoms of PF which is what I thought my problem was. Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome can produce pain in your ankle as well as bottom of your feet. I am waiting for Doctor to tell me whether he will suggest surgery or not. I am unfamiliar with this surgery but it is not unlike surgery for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome of the wrist. If surgery can cure the pain (ongoing for over 5 years) then I will have at it.

Jodi on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008863)

I have never heard of Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome in your feet, that may be something to look into. Thanks!