Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Neuromas

Posted by ken on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008851)

After messing with PF for years and having surgery about 6 weeks ago, with moderate success so far now I have some neuromas in my ball of the foot.Anybody have them with pf ( I am told that the same kind of factors cause both ie. flat feet, standing on hard surfaces etc.).What treatments seem to help and is the surgery successful.

Thanks Ken

Re: Neuromas

Connie on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008853)

Ken, I had a neuroma that developed on the bottom of my arch and had to have it removed surgically. It was about the size of a walnut so I'm not sure if there's another option. Good luck!

Nancy M on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008860)

Ken,

I've had EPF surgery on both feet, at separate times (September 1998 and March 1999), and am glad to say that I am 100% pain free from PF. I have also had neuroma surgery between 3rd and 4th toes on my left foot (June 1998) and am scheduled to have neuroma surgery again this Thursday on both feet. The neuromas are between the 2nd and 3rd toes on each foot. The treatments I have tried are: anit-inflammatories, physical therapy, orthodics and shots. I have no pain from the first neuroma surgery either. I can hardly wait till Thrusday, because my feet are killing me tonight with the burning, stabbing, radiating pain. Sometimes it feels like a knot in my feet getting tighter and tighter.

Fell free to email me if you have more questions.

Nancy in AZ

Connie on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008853)

Ken, I had a neuroma that developed on the bottom of my arch and had to have it removed surgically. It was about the size of a walnut so I'm not sure if there's another option. Good luck!

Nancy M on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008860)

Ken,

I've had EPF surgery on both feet, at separate times (September 1998 and March 1999), and am glad to say that I am 100% pain free from PF. I have also had neuroma surgery between 3rd and 4th toes on my left foot (June 1998) and am scheduled to have neuroma surgery again this Thursday on both feet. The neuromas are between the 2nd and 3rd toes on each foot. The treatments I have tried are: anit-inflammatories, physical therapy, orthodics and shots. I have no pain from the first neuroma surgery either. I can hardly wait till Thrusday, because my feet are killing me tonight with the burning, stabbing, radiating pain. Sometimes it feels like a knot in my feet getting tighter and tighter.

Fell free to email me if you have more questions.

Nancy in AZ