Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Scar tissue

Posted by Connie on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008852)

I have been dealing with PF for the past six years. I've had the EFP in both heels (96) and the extensive surgery on my right heel in 97. A neuroma developed on the bottom of my foot so I had that removed in 98 and also had a great deal of scar tissue which was entrapping the nerves--another seven-week recovery. I've spent the past three summers on crutches with no relief. Cortisone shots, taping, physical therapy, icing, anti-inflamatory meds, orthotics, and Birkenstocks--still I have swelling, stiffness, and pain. Just saw my podiatrist for another handicap sticker and he said to come in so we can re-evaluate the situation again. I've gained weight and am really finding it hard to be up! Any ideas?

Re: Scar tissue

BarbJ on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008879)

I have a friend who had surgery for bunions, heel spurs and hammer toes on both feet, but at different times. She saw an acupuncturist after surgery to reduce the scar tissue and says it really helped. As a matter of fact she said the scar tissue went away much faster than the doctor imagined it ever could! At least with acupuncture there is no danger of making it worse. More and more insurance companies are also covering part of the cost. Best of luck in your search for relief.

Connie on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008881)

Thanks, BarbJ. Just the thought of having someone manipulate my feet makes my blood run cold. I'd try anything at this point, so I'll give it a try.

Irene on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008905)

Scar tissue can sometimes be helped by homeopathic remedies - Silica is one such remedy; do you know a homeopath in your area?
...Irene

BarbJ on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008879)

I have a friend who had surgery for bunions, heel spurs and hammer toes on both feet, but at different times. She saw an acupuncturist after surgery to reduce the scar tissue and says it really helped. As a matter of fact she said the scar tissue went away much faster than the doctor imagined it ever could! At least with acupuncture there is no danger of making it worse. More and more insurance companies are also covering part of the cost. Best of luck in your search for relief.

Connie on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008881)

Thanks, BarbJ. Just the thought of having someone manipulate my feet makes my blood run cold. I'd try anything at this point, so I'll give it a try.

Irene on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008905)

Scar tissue can sometimes be helped by homeopathic remedies - Silica is one such remedy; do you know a homeopath in your area?
...Irene