Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To CONNIE:

Posted by kelus on 7/19/99 at 00:00 (008858)

Hi Connie, I was wondering how long it took you to get over the neuroma surgery?

thanks, Kelus

Re: To CONNIE:

Connie on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008873)

The surgery from the neuroma made the whole healing process a little longer because I couldn't step flat on my foot. I also had to be careful with the stretching exercises. The doctor had me pull back on my big toe and the first couple of little toes to the count of five, three times a day. I had to use care the first week because of the additional neuroma surgery. The incision was about two inches long. He said the neuroma resulted at the site of the released fascia. After a day of walking, I can feel little nodules along the surgery line but they are gone in the morning. It's all a mystery to me but I wish you all the very best. It's a nuisance having that on top of everything else!!

Re: To CONNIE:

Connie on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008873)

The surgery from the neuroma made the whole healing process a little longer because I couldn't step flat on my foot. I also had to be careful with the stretching exercises. The doctor had me pull back on my big toe and the first couple of little toes to the count of five, three times a day. I had to use care the first week because of the additional neuroma surgery. The incision was about two inches long. He said the neuroma resulted at the site of the released fascia. After a day of walking, I can feel little nodules along the surgery line but they are gone in the morning. It's all a mystery to me but I wish you all the very best. It's a nuisance having that on top of everything else!!