Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Coccyx pain/healers

Posted by Connie on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008894)

Has anyone experienced a corrolation between the pain in their feet, because of PF, with a tenderness in the coccyx area (the end of the spinal column)? Every so often, when my feet are extremely painful, I have a soreness in the area of the coccyx bone when I sit or stand. Maybe it's because I'm walking in a different way to compensate for my feet.

I know this is far out but a new acquaintance is into the science of healing and tried it out on me. She put her hands on either side of my ankle, about three inches away from the skin, and moved them back and forth over my ankle. The area became very warm and tingled. She said there was a great deal of congestion (?) and suggested that I continue treatment. It seemed better at the time but I'm not sure how much of that was in my head. Unfortunately, any relief disappeared within a short period of time.

My doctor didn't scoff when I told him and said there are a number of alternative therapies. He suggested magnets, which I tried and received no relief.

Anyone have a comparable experience or try 'healers' with any relief? I've vowed to try anything once---no matter how crazy.

Re: Coccyx pain/healers

wendy2 on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008901)

I've also had lower back pain - specifically on the right side in my 'SI' joint which I think is in the same general area. I was told that back pain can actually cause pain in your feet - or the it can be the otherway round. I had physio for the lower back and my feet...didn't help my feet too much but it did relieve a lot of the tightness in my back...I think mine was from my gimpy way of walking now.

Irene on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008906)

I tried magnets, no help at all for me. Oddly, heat was helpful for me for pain. I can not take NSAIDS. I read all over that heat is a no-no for an inflamed area, but I know that without the heatpads and hot water bottles, my circulation was so poor my feet cramped, ached, and screamed with pain worse than ever. So for me heat *did* help, in fact was essential. It would get the circulation going, and soon the pain would improve. I put chemical handwarmer heatpads in my shoes, they last 8 hrs!
Eventually, homeopathic Silica 200 was what fixed me up....Irene

Joan on 7/21/99 at 00:00 (008917)

What is Silica 200 ? Where can i get it? What did it do for your pain?
Please let me know.
Tina

wendy2 on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008901)

I've also had lower back pain - specifically on the right side in my 'SI' joint which I think is in the same general area. I was told that back pain can actually cause pain in your feet - or the it can be the otherway round. I had physio for the lower back and my feet...didn't help my feet too much but it did relieve a lot of the tightness in my back...I think mine was from my gimpy way of walking now.

Irene on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008906)

I tried magnets, no help at all for me. Oddly, heat was helpful for me for pain. I can not take NSAIDS. I read all over that heat is a no-no for an inflamed area, but I know that without the heatpads and hot water bottles, my circulation was so poor my feet cramped, ached, and screamed with pain worse than ever. So for me heat *did* help, in fact was essential. It would get the circulation going, and soon the pain would improve. I put chemical handwarmer heatpads in my shoes, they last 8 hrs!
Eventually, homeopathic Silica 200 was what fixed me up....Irene

Joan on 7/21/99 at 00:00 (008917)

What is Silica 200 ? Where can i get it? What did it do for your pain?
Please let me know.
Tina