Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Copper Anklet

Posted by Barb Lundeen on 7/20/99 at 00:00 (008902)

I was so excited about the Foot Flex that I forgot something else I had done - and it may have contributed to my rather miraculous recovery - mind you, I still ache a little bit by the end of the day but no more shrieking pain - anyhow I found a pure copper ankle bracelet that I had bought years and years ago - I put it on and haven't taken it off since - I know lots of people that wear copper bracelets for arthritis and swear by them so I wonder if this is helping - it's sooo easy - just get one and wear it all the time - but be sure to continue the stretching etc. I don't know exactly where you would find one - maybe in a health catalog - but copper is the rage now so they should be out there somewhere. I'm not going to take mine off to see if it hurts again - ;>) so you will have to experiment with this yourself.

Re: Copper Anklet

Jenny Lewis in London on 7/22/99 at 00:00 (008939)

Hi Barb

I have a copper bangle, and I would love to know why and how and what it does, but it certainly does something. I bought it several weeks ago, when I had a pain in my left hand ring finger which I just assumed was related to the finger twinges I get every morning and which my unhelpful doctor told me was the onset of arthritis and there is nothing you can do about it (same doctor who said same thing about the heel spur). A friend suggested the copper bangle, I said I didn't believe in it, but then decided what the heck, and bought one. The excruciating pain in my left hand started to go THE NEXT DAY. The finger is a little bit stiff at times, but I can bend and straighten the fingers again, which I could not do while it was hurting. The general hand aches in the mornings seem to have lessened as well. My sister bought one because she too has the achey fingers, and now hers feel better, plus her chronic back pain that she has had for years has also got better.

I still think I don't believe it, but it seems to work so I don't care!

Barb Lundeen on 7/23/99 at 00:00 (008964)

Hi Jenny - interesting isn't it. - I suspect that it has something to do with electricity and the charge our bodies carry - copper is a most efficient conductor - I haven't a clue as to which way the electrical flow is coming from or going to but I do know that I'm not discharging (getting a spark) everytime I touch something metal since I've been wearing the anklet.
Hope your hands continue to feel better.
Barb

Judy E on 7/23/99 at 00:00 (008985)

Jenny - Go to a chiropractor for the hand, finger thing. You probably have some alignment problems in your neck.

Rub the back of the neck at the hairline, you probably have a knot there or in the shoulder. Use ice if really uncomfortable or heat if your body 'tells' you that is what it needs.

Or you could see a massage therapist that specializes in deep muscle massage.

Good luck. Judy

Joanne on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (009001)

Hey, I have found a great source for, cooper braclets, food pad, magnetic pads or insoles and many other things to help PF, it called 'Feel Good' and can be found on net at http://www.feelgoodcatalog.com try it, it might have just what you are looking for.

Jenny Lewis in London on 7/22/99 at 00:00 (008939)

Hi Barb

I have a copper bangle, and I would love to know why and how and what it does, but it certainly does something. I bought it several weeks ago, when I had a pain in my left hand ring finger which I just assumed was related to the finger twinges I get every morning and which my unhelpful doctor told me was the onset of arthritis and there is nothing you can do about it (same doctor who said same thing about the heel spur). A friend suggested the copper bangle, I said I didn't believe in it, but then decided what the heck, and bought one. The excruciating pain in my left hand started to go THE NEXT DAY. The finger is a little bit stiff at times, but I can bend and straighten the fingers again, which I could not do while it was hurting. The general hand aches in the mornings seem to have lessened as well. My sister bought one because she too has the achey fingers, and now hers feel better, plus her chronic back pain that she has had for years has also got better.

I still think I don't believe it, but it seems to work so I don't care!

Barb Lundeen on 7/23/99 at 00:00 (008964)

Hi Jenny - interesting isn't it. - I suspect that it has something to do with electricity and the charge our bodies carry - copper is a most efficient conductor - I haven't a clue as to which way the electrical flow is coming from or going to but I do know that I'm not discharging (getting a spark) everytime I touch something metal since I've been wearing the anklet.
Hope your hands continue to feel better.
Barb

Judy E on 7/23/99 at 00:00 (008985)

Jenny - Go to a chiropractor for the hand, finger thing. You probably have some alignment problems in your neck.

Rub the back of the neck at the hairline, you probably have a knot there or in the shoulder. Use ice if really uncomfortable or heat if your body 'tells' you that is what it needs.

Or you could see a massage therapist that specializes in deep muscle massage.

Good luck. Judy

Joanne on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (009001)

Hey, I have found a great source for, cooper braclets, food pad, magnetic pads or insoles and many other things to help PF, it called 'Feel Good' and can be found on net at http://www.feelgoodcatalog.com try it, it might have just what you are looking for.