Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am so mad I could spit fire

Posted by kelus on 7/21/99 at 00:00 (008919)

Ok....this is the deal!

I have had PF for over 3 years now. Lately the PF has been better, but I began having other type of pain on the top of my feet, my big toe, and the sides of my heels.(ESPECIALLY THE RIGHT ONE)...The right foot has ALWAYS BEEN ALOT WORSE THAN THE LEFT.

So, I went to a new Podiatrist. He was certain I have a HEEL NEUROMA, (not a Morton's neuroma)....(on my right foot).

He wants to do surgery, and I wanted to get an MRI once and for all before I go to the extreme of having surgery!!

So.....I got an MRI (on both feet)....and guess what? It says my LEFT foot was mildly affected with PF, ((( BUT )))
you would also think that my right foot was in perfect shape!!! It says that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THE RIGHT ONE!!!

Now, remember when I said my RIGHT FOOT was worse than my left?

The MRI didn't even pick up ANYTHING. It was read as a 'NORMAL FOOT'.

OK!! This pisses me of SOOOOOOOO bad. If there isn't anything wrong with my feet, then why in the HELLLLLL do they freaking hurt soooooo bad?????????????????

This is really the last straw for me!! I swear if I didn't have a baby to take care of I would take every pain pill in my cabinet and end this miserable life of mine!!!!!!
(and believe me my cabinet is full of pain pills!!!)

Why is it that you can't even get OFFICIALLY diagnosed with something?

Another thing that ticked me off is on of the 'regular' Xrays that I took a couple of years ago showed that I had 'abnormal big toes that hadn't formed right' (someting called 'bi-parte sigmoid something or the other)......anyway, this MRI didn't EVEN mention that!!!
I am beginning to wonder if these people are competant?

Well, I have yelled enough....sorry for all of this craziness....
I am just so mad I could spit fire!

kelus

Re: I am so mad I could spit fire

Larry A. on 7/21/99 at 00:00 (008925)

Hang in there and don't get crazy. I've had PF for 2 years and get the same way. Sometimes I don't these doctors know what is wrong with us. This site has help me very much since I know that I'm not along with and extended dose of PF.

Hang in and good luck

barbara on 7/21/99 at 00:00 (008926)

I,too, feel the medical profession has their heads up their you-know-whats!! I have been on a roller coaster ride too-podiatrist says pf, then she says stress fracture,next podiatrist and second x-ray say no stress fracture-it's pf and tarsel tunnel, bone scan says stress fracure, MRI today says no stress fracure. Doctor wants to inject it but I've had 2 shots to no avail. also had 8 sessions of accupuncture, massage therapy and chiropractic care, 5 sessions of p.t., orthotics, heel cushions etc. Wore a full removeable cast for 4 weeks- that mother weighed a ton. Today I took it off and am leaving it off- and will continue the stretches,massage and maybe accupuncture again. I hope to be able to walk my 2 miles everyday again and play singles tennis which I have played twice a week for many year. I am 54, work 30 hours a week, and haven't got time for the pain any more. I've had it too. Maybe scream therapy works.

Hang in there - let's pledge to get thru this.

Beth on 7/22/99 at 00:00 (008940)

Larry,

I can hear your anger and frustration and am sorry. I wish I could offer you something that would help. I'm trying to get to a level of pain that I can live with. I've been focusing on other activities like reading and learning more about the computer instead of exercising like I used to. It's really hard to be in pain all the time. Have you talked to someone about that aspect? Good Luck and let the forum know how you're doing.

Beth

Beth on 7/22/99 at 00:00 (008941)

Kelus,

I can hear your anger and frustration and am sorry. I wish I could offer you something that would help. I'm trying to get to a level of pain that I can live with. I've been focusing on other activities like reading and learning more about the computer instead of exercising like I used to. It's really hard to be in pain all the time. Have you talked to someone about that aspect? Good Luck and let the forum know how you're doing.

Beth

Raleigh on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009322)

We hear you!! Isn't it just amazing? Nothing shows up on those MRIS and radiographs but still it hurts like the very devil! Medicine isn't an exact science, so, I guess we hobble along. Hang in there!

Larry A. on 7/21/99 at 00:00 (008925)

Hang in there and don't get crazy. I've had PF for 2 years and get the same way. Sometimes I don't these doctors know what is wrong with us. This site has help me very much since I know that I'm not along with and extended dose of PF.

Hang in and good luck

barbara on 7/21/99 at 00:00 (008926)

I,too, feel the medical profession has their heads up their you-know-whats!! I have been on a roller coaster ride too-podiatrist says pf, then she says stress fracture,next podiatrist and second x-ray say no stress fracture-it's pf and tarsel tunnel, bone scan says stress fracure, MRI today says no stress fracure. Doctor wants to inject it but I've had 2 shots to no avail. also had 8 sessions of accupuncture, massage therapy and chiropractic care, 5 sessions of p.t., orthotics, heel cushions etc. Wore a full removeable cast for 4 weeks- that mother weighed a ton. Today I took it off and am leaving it off- and will continue the stretches,massage and maybe accupuncture again. I hope to be able to walk my 2 miles everyday again and play singles tennis which I have played twice a week for many year. I am 54, work 30 hours a week, and haven't got time for the pain any more. I've had it too. Maybe scream therapy works.

Hang in there - let's pledge to get thru this.

Beth on 7/22/99 at 00:00 (008940)

Larry,

Beth

Beth on 7/22/99 at 00:00 (008941)

Kelus,

Beth

Raleigh on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009322)

We hear you!! Isn't it just amazing? Nothing shows up on those MRIS and radiographs but still it hurts like the very devil! Medicine isn't an exact science, so, I guess we hobble along. Hang in there!