Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

John

Posted by wendy2 on 7/23/99 at 00:00 (008973)

Diagnosis seems to be the big problem doesn't it???My doctors mostly shrug their shoulders and pass me on to someone else. You sound so sure about the surgery for TTS....I wish I had confidence in anything my doctors are suggesting. My podiatrist wants to inject cortisone into 'the nerve sheath' for the TTS. I don't know much about cortisome but I just CANNOT believe this would be a good idea. My Sports med doctor wants me to take Elavil for the pain (supposed to help with nerve pain). I don't want to take drugs that are only going to be a bandaid solution and not fix the problem (also mess too much with my mind). I'm still waiting for the nerve testing, and if it's positive I imagine I'll be faced with surgery as well. I'd be really interested in hearing how things go for you...please keep us informed. All the best...

Re: John

John on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009055)

from what i have read in journals the only reason to inject cortisone in the nerve sheath would be to help confirm the diagnois. i have stayed away from cortisone shots altogether.

Re: John

John on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009055)

from what i have read in journals the only reason to inject cortisone in the nerve sheath would be to help confirm the diagnois. i have stayed away from cortisone shots altogether.