Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

It's like a miracle! : -)

Posted by Jazzcat on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008991)

I have suffered agonizing and disabling heel and metatarsal pain for several years now. Nothing has helped. While checking out this conference, I heard people talking about 'Birkenstock shoes'. So I bought a pair of Birkenstock sandals three weeks ago. Now I can stand with only very minor aching. This is amazing! I have not been able to stand over five minutes without severe pain in years!

These 'Birkies' are so cool. They adapt to the shape of your foot's arch. I can even see the shape of my foot (my high arch) impressed on the cork insole. It's like having a custom made shoe!

Thank you, people, for leading me to Birkenstocks!

Re: It's like a miracle! : -)

Beth on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008992)

Hey,

I just ordered my first pair of Birkenstocks...hope mine work too!

Beth

BarbJ on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008993)

Remember to break them in very VERY slowly because some folks go too fast and then think they are causing pain and miss out on the benfits.

Read back on the subject.

Good luck

Dina on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008999)

Jazzczt and Beth -
Which Birkenstocks did youbuy? And how often do you wear them?

Beth on 7/25/99 at 00:00 (009006)

Dina,

I ordered the Arizona style. I think I'll break them in like I did my orthotics-1 hour the first day, 2 the next, etc. I'll let you know what I think once I get the right size (ordered through the mail, so may have exchanges)

Beth

Jenny Lewis, in London UK on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009047)

Hi Jazzcat, and others

I have been raving about Birks for some time - I bought my first pair a few months ago (reluctantly, as I never liked them) and now I have 4 pairs, and can't wear anything else. I still think they are a bit peculiar looking, but don't care, as they feel great.

They definitely need to be 'broken in' slowly. With each pair I have worn them around the house for an hour on day 1, 2 hours next day, and so on. But suddenly they feel right, and ta-daaaa, foot heaven.

Good luck with them!

John on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009052)

i also wear birk sandals (airizona). people might also check the new Ecco sandals. A little higer heel lift with good support and a little softer bottom. Ecco has a web page with pictures (www.ecco.com) which shows their complete line for men and women.

Beth on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008992)

Hey,

I just ordered my first pair of Birkenstocks...hope mine work too!

Beth

BarbJ on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008993)

Remember to break them in very VERY slowly because some folks go too fast and then think they are causing pain and miss out on the benfits.

Read back on the subject.

Good luck

Dina on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008999)

Jazzczt and Beth -
Which Birkenstocks did youbuy? And how often do you wear them?

Beth on 7/25/99 at 00:00 (009006)

Dina,

I ordered the Arizona style. I think I'll break them in like I did my orthotics-1 hour the first day, 2 the next, etc. I'll let you know what I think once I get the right size (ordered through the mail, so may have exchanges)

Beth

Jenny Lewis, in London UK on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009047)

Hi Jazzcat, and others

I have been raving about Birks for some time - I bought my first pair a few months ago (reluctantly, as I never liked them) and now I have 4 pairs, and can't wear anything else. I still think they are a bit peculiar looking, but don't care, as they feel great.

They definitely need to be 'broken in' slowly. With each pair I have worn them around the house for an hour on day 1, 2 hours next day, and so on. But suddenly they feel right, and ta-daaaa, foot heaven.

Good luck with them!

John on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009052)

i also wear birk sandals (airizona). people might also check the new Ecco sandals. A little higer heel lift with good support and a little softer bottom. Ecco has a web page with pictures (www.ecco.com) which shows their complete line for men and women.