Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tingling feet

Posted by pete on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008994)

has anyone ever had tingling feet associated with plantar fasciitis? if so, did you have the tarsal tunnel surgery? good/bad? did you get rid of it some other way? Thanks!

Re: tingling feet

Lee on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008998)

My orthodics took most of the tingling/burning away. I found it hard to explain the feeling in my feet. I couldn't stand to have shoes on and the balls of my feet hurt really bad all the time. My diagnosis was tarsal tunnel syndrome. The custom made orthodics took the pain and burning sensation away. Good feet for 8 months and then a heel spur, worse than the tts. With the help of this board that is also almost gone. About the tingling feet, I also gave up wearing socks unless I absolutely have too and then I'll wear light cotton socks. It seems to make my feet not burn and I figured more air circulated that way.

wendy2 on 7/25/99 at 00:00 (009009)

When I had two bad 'flare-ups' of PF, I didn't have any tingling. I still have PF but to a lesser degree (and a bone scan shows the changes associated with it), but I also have TTS now. My feet and toes started tingling when this problem developed. The tingling can be along the inside of my ankle, my whole foot or sometimes just my middle toes. Sometimes my foot just goes numb like it's fallen asleep. I keep the swelling (and the pain) down with lots of rest and soaking my feet in ice water. When the pain subsides, the tingling does too - I think they go together. My guess would be that your tingling would be coming from decreased circulation (just like when your foot falls asleep) or compression of the nerve - make sure you mention it to your doctor because it could be significant.

Good luck...

Beth on 7/25/99 at 00:00 (009016)

Pete,

My feet were tingling and it was diagnosed as Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. Since I got orthotics they haven't tingled except on rare occasions. I'm scheduled for another testing for it in mid-August. I did use a heating pad on my ankles once a day for a while. My right foot is the one that gives me the most trouble and I actually fell asleep with the heating pad on sometimes. I think my right foot is still inflamed and I'm icing the bottom of it 3x a day now. I'm stretching (both feet) quite a bit and taking Ibuprofin. Can PF cause tingling feet? I don't know? I don't think I'll have the surgery for it until I get the PF under control. Good Luck,

Beth

Herma on 7/25/99 at 00:00 (009019)

About five years ago, I had a tingling sensation in the bottom of both of my feet. In addition, I had a tingling sensation in the top of my back and arms. A neurologist diagnosed it as a peripheral neuropathy. He didn't know what might have caused it, but I will always believe it was the amount of stress I was under at the time. No thanks to the doctor, it gradually disappeared on its own after about a year. Since December 1998, I have been coping with PF in my left foot. It is somewhat better, thanks to the information I have found on this message board. Hopefully, the PF will eventually go away, just as the tingling did.

Lee on 7/24/99 at 00:00 (008998)

My orthodics took most of the tingling/burning away. I found it hard to explain the feeling in my feet. I couldn't stand to have shoes on and the balls of my feet hurt really bad all the time. My diagnosis was tarsal tunnel syndrome. The custom made orthodics took the pain and burning sensation away. Good feet for 8 months and then a heel spur, worse than the tts. With the help of this board that is also almost gone. About the tingling feet, I also gave up wearing socks unless I absolutely have too and then I'll wear light cotton socks. It seems to make my feet not burn and I figured more air circulated that way.

wendy2 on 7/25/99 at 00:00 (009009)

When I had two bad 'flare-ups' of PF, I didn't have any tingling. I still have PF but to a lesser degree (and a bone scan shows the changes associated with it), but I also have TTS now. My feet and toes started tingling when this problem developed. The tingling can be along the inside of my ankle, my whole foot or sometimes just my middle toes. Sometimes my foot just goes numb like it's fallen asleep. I keep the swelling (and the pain) down with lots of rest and soaking my feet in ice water. When the pain subsides, the tingling does too - I think they go together. My guess would be that your tingling would be coming from decreased circulation (just like when your foot falls asleep) or compression of the nerve - make sure you mention it to your doctor because it could be significant.

Good luck...

Beth on 7/25/99 at 00:00 (009016)

Pete,

My feet were tingling and it was diagnosed as Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. Since I got orthotics they haven't tingled except on rare occasions. I'm scheduled for another testing for it in mid-August. I did use a heating pad on my ankles once a day for a while. My right foot is the one that gives me the most trouble and I actually fell asleep with the heating pad on sometimes. I think my right foot is still inflamed and I'm icing the bottom of it 3x a day now. I'm stretching (both feet) quite a bit and taking Ibuprofin. Can PF cause tingling feet? I don't know? I don't think I'll have the surgery for it until I get the PF under control. Good Luck,

Beth

Herma on 7/25/99 at 00:00 (009019)

About five years ago, I had a tingling sensation in the bottom of both of my feet. In addition, I had a tingling sensation in the top of my back and arms. A neurologist diagnosed it as a peripheral neuropathy. He didn't know what might have caused it, but I will always believe it was the amount of stress I was under at the time. No thanks to the doctor, it gradually disappeared on its own after about a year. Since December 1998, I have been coping with PF in my left foot. It is somewhat better, thanks to the information I have found on this message board. Hopefully, the PF will eventually go away, just as the tingling did.