Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

theories on how magnets work

Posted by Scott on 7/25/99 at 00:00 (009012)

I have two theories as to how magnets work:

1) Red blood cells actually orient themselves in a magnetic field. I came across this factoid while reading about other things and not from someone who sells magnets. So I suppose they can line up in a manner that allows them to flow more easily through small blood vessels. This would improve healing.

2) Nerve impulses are ions moving across a membrane. Ions are electrically charged atoms or molecules. Moving electrical charges experience a force perpendicular to their direction of movement when placed in a magnetic field. The stronger the field or the faster the movement, then the stronger the force. This force causes their motion to be different from the direction they would have traveled if there were no magnetic field. This may cause nerve impulses to be blocked because the ions that transmit the pain signals are not being allowed to travel straight across the membrane. The force has changed their direction of travel.

Re: theories on how magnets work

Bea on 7/25/99 at 00:00 (009024)

I don't know any of the technical reasons but I was told that when you use magnets place them so they are opposite to one another to create a field. I hae been sucessful with magnets but only for pain,, not any healing. But to be ablee to relieve pain and not take pills is great.

Re: theories on how magnets work

Bea on 7/25/99 at 00:00 (009024)

I don't know any of the technical reasons but I was told that when you use magnets place them so they are opposite to one another to create a field. I hae been sucessful with magnets but only for pain,, not any healing. But to be ablee to relieve pain and not take pills is great.