Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Flat footed with PF

Posted by Lynne B. on 7/25/99 at 00:00 (009042)

REGARDING BIRKENSTOCKS: What if you have VERY flat feet? Can you even wear Birkenstocks? I got a pair when I was a teenager and they killed me since I have no arch, and they definitely do, but now I'm thinking that they could be of benefit given my PF, since I'm wearing arch supports. Does anyone else have flat feet and uses Birkenstocks?

Re: Flat footed with PF

Jenny Lewis, London UK on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009048)

Hi Lynne B

I don't know about flat feet, BUT.... a few weeks ago I bought a pair of Scholls sandals (they were on sale at a very reduced price). They are very comfortable, but not as good for me as the Birks because the arches are not as prounounced. I am using them for my messy, mostly sitting, pottery work and don't intend to do much walking in them so they are ok.

But, if you have a Scholls supplier anywhere near you - maybe worth a try?

hope this helps

jl

BillC on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009068)

Lynne,

I also have flat feet and the Birks do not seem to help me. I have some very cheap sandals from K-mart called Northwest Territory that have velcro strap. The are very cushie and have a good arch support. New Balance running shoes EEEE are also good for me.

Jenny Lewis, London UK on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009048)

Hi Lynne B

I don't know about flat feet, BUT.... a few weeks ago I bought a pair of Scholls sandals (they were on sale at a very reduced price). They are very comfortable, but not as good for me as the Birks because the arches are not as prounounced. I am using them for my messy, mostly sitting, pottery work and don't intend to do much walking in them so they are ok.

But, if you have a Scholls supplier anywhere near you - maybe worth a try?

hope this helps

jl

BillC on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009068)

Lynne,

I also have flat feet and the Birks do not seem to help me. I have some very cheap sandals from K-mart called Northwest Territory that have velcro strap. The are very cushie and have a good arch support. New Balance running shoes EEEE are also good for me.