Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good News

Posted by Bobette on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009067)

Just wanted to thank those of you who encouraged me to use a wheelchair and go to my sons college orientation. I did feel a bit self concious, however, it was worth it. I don't know if it was because I was in the wheelchair almost exclusively for 2 days or what, but I'm happy to say that my left foot shows some improvement for the first time in months. Since I found this site a few weeks ago, I purchased inserts for my tennis shoes, began wearing Naot clogs, ordered and began using the ibuprofen cream, I'm doing strectching exercises, and icing twice daily...also just ordered a pair of birks...so it's really difficult to say exactly what attributed to my pain beginning to subside. I very much appreciate hearing about the tried treatments that have worked for others. Thanks to all.

Re: Good News

Lee on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009086)

Bobette, now try the piroxicam cream. It really helped me get rid of most of the pain. It's not over the counter its a RX. But read previous posts about it and ask your Dr.
Glad you didn't miss the college trip with your son.
Good Luck

Bobette on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009096)

Lee, thanks so much! I had read some of the previous posts and was actually planning on trying the piroxicam cream. The fact that it's an RX is even better because insurance should cover at least a portion of it. I can see where over the long haul the Ibuprofen cream with s/h charges could become very costly. I really appreciate all your suggestions and think it's wonderful how you help others and offer much needed advice. Thanks!

Judy on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009110)

Tried the cream now for 1 1/2 wks. Some days it feels better and some days I can really feel the difference. My insurance co. paid for all but the co-pay (5.00). My pod. never heard of it and was more than willing to write the perscription...said he was always open to new suggestions. He even xeroxed a portion of the message board where I first heard of it and said he was very excited to see if it helps. You have to wonder if these doctors REALLY know that much about this....I think not..

Raleigh on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009120)

Keep on going! Stretching, orthotics, good solid shoes all help! I'm going to try the prowhatever cream and acupuncture. Try magnets, too. Anything, right? Well, within reason. Good luck to you!

Lee on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009086)

Bobette, now try the piroxicam cream. It really helped me get rid of most of the pain. It's not over the counter its a RX. But read previous posts about it and ask your Dr.
Glad you didn't miss the college trip with your son.
Good Luck

Bobette on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009096)

Lee, thanks so much! I had read some of the previous posts and was actually planning on trying the piroxicam cream. The fact that it's an RX is even better because insurance should cover at least a portion of it. I can see where over the long haul the Ibuprofen cream with s/h charges could become very costly. I really appreciate all your suggestions and think it's wonderful how you help others and offer much needed advice. Thanks!

Judy on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009110)

Tried the cream now for 1 1/2 wks. Some days it feels better and some days I can really feel the difference. My insurance co. paid for all but the co-pay (5.00). My pod. never heard of it and was more than willing to write the perscription...said he was always open to new suggestions. He even xeroxed a portion of the message board where I first heard of it and said he was very excited to see if it helps. You have to wonder if these doctors REALLY know that much about this....I think not..

Raleigh on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009120)

Keep on going! Stretching, orthotics, good solid shoes all help! I'm going to try the prowhatever cream and acupuncture. Try magnets, too. Anything, right? Well, within reason. Good luck to you!