Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

rolfing

Posted by pete on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009078)

anyone ever try rolfing as a treatment to cure pf? what were your results?

Re: rolfing

Kara on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009081)

Yep, I tried it, had a great rolpher in Chicago.
However, Rolphing didn't stay with me, sure it feels great for a while
but for me after just ten sessions and that's it, boom, you're cured
just didn't seem to do it for me. I see a massage therapist, a good one that knows about sport medicine, and she concentrates on the problem areas rather than a recipe book (rolphing). We've found I have very bad posture and I do stretches every morning, seems to help.
But, who knows, acupuncture works for some, yoga for others, just gotta find the right thing and the right person to help
good luck,
kara

Roberta on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009098)

I had some rolfing work done, just on my feet and legs. It did help. But I also agree that it doesn't necessarily last. I think it is great as part of a larger picture. Have the work done and get some stretches/strengthening excercises to enhance the work and maintain.

Irene on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009214)

Pete,

I had 14 sessions with an advanced certified rolfer: the basic series of 10 and then the rest just on the legs and feet.

Nada.

Good luck,
Irene

Ivy on 8/04/99 at 21:31 (009466)

I am very glad to have found this site, there's so much information, I can not believe how great it feels to have some answers for my feet! I'd like to get another answer, if I may: What exactly is rolphing/rolfing? I know I have heard the term before, but haven't a clue as to what it may be.

Thanks!

Ivy

Kara on 7/26/99 at 00:00 (009081)

Yep, I tried it, had a great rolpher in Chicago.
However, Rolphing didn't stay with me, sure it feels great for a while
but for me after just ten sessions and that's it, boom, you're cured
just didn't seem to do it for me. I see a massage therapist, a good one that knows about sport medicine, and she concentrates on the problem areas rather than a recipe book (rolphing). We've found I have very bad posture and I do stretches every morning, seems to help.
But, who knows, acupuncture works for some, yoga for others, just gotta find the right thing and the right person to help
good luck,
kara

Roberta on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009098)

I had some rolfing work done, just on my feet and legs. It did help. But I also agree that it doesn't necessarily last. I think it is great as part of a larger picture. Have the work done and get some stretches/strengthening excercises to enhance the work and maintain.

Irene on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009214)

Pete,

I had 14 sessions with an advanced certified rolfer: the basic series of 10 and then the rest just on the legs and feet.

Nada.

Good luck,
Irene

Ivy on 8/04/99 at 21:31 (009466)

I am very glad to have found this site, there's so much information, I can not believe how great it feels to have some answers for my feet! I'd like to get another answer, if I may: What exactly is rolphing/rolfing? I know I have heard the term before, but haven't a clue as to what it may be.

Thanks!

Ivy