Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anyone with ball of foot pf?

Posted by Raleigh on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009119)

I had heel pf, FINALLY got the scar to go away; but just recently 'blew out' the ball of the same foot! I can barely walk as the foot can't break-over. Doing stretches, orthotics, magnets, and starting acupuncture next week.

Re: Anyone with ball of foot pf?

janet on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009127)

yes. mine's diagnosed as metatarsalgia. Metatarsal bars on my shoes helped. They take the stress off the metatarsal heads in the unload phase of the gait, which is where most of the pain is experienced. Ask your doc about them. If you wear sneakers most of the time, carbon stiffeners with rocker bottoms can be incorporated into the soles of the shoes. They do the same thing.

Jane on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009128)

Yes, I have pain in the ball of the foot. I had PF surgery in 96 but now have pain all along ball of foot. What do you mean by 'blew out'? I have tried just about everything without success. Massage and ice seem to give it some temporary relief when it gets just too painful. I have had this pain since my PF surgery in 96. If you finds something that helps PLEASE post it...

Raleigh on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009256)

Well, silly me, I noticed this pain in my foot and STILL did vigorous step aerobics in cheap shoes for two or three months (until I couldn't walk anymore). I had a large and painful scar on the instep of my heel (towards the arch). Massage, supportive shoes, using a foot roller, icing, and LOTS and LOTS of stretching helps. However, as you can tell, it can come back! Good luck, I will let you know if anything helps (acupunture starts soon- I can't wait!)

janet on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009127)

yes. mine's diagnosed as metatarsalgia. Metatarsal bars on my shoes helped. They take the stress off the metatarsal heads in the unload phase of the gait, which is where most of the pain is experienced. Ask your doc about them. If you wear sneakers most of the time, carbon stiffeners with rocker bottoms can be incorporated into the soles of the shoes. They do the same thing.

Jane on 7/27/99 at 00:00 (009128)

Yes, I have pain in the ball of the foot. I had PF surgery in 96 but now have pain all along ball of foot. What do you mean by 'blew out'? I have tried just about everything without success. Massage and ice seem to give it some temporary relief when it gets just too painful. I have had this pain since my PF surgery in 96. If you finds something that helps PLEASE post it...

Raleigh on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009256)

Well, silly me, I noticed this pain in my foot and STILL did vigorous step aerobics in cheap shoes for two or three months (until I couldn't walk anymore). I had a large and painful scar on the instep of my heel (towards the arch). Massage, supportive shoes, using a foot roller, icing, and LOTS and LOTS of stretching helps. However, as you can tell, it can come back! Good luck, I will let you know if anything helps (acupunture starts soon- I can't wait!)