Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Not for you but definitely for me !

Posted by Lee on 7/28/99 at 00:00 (009153)

I also have a closet full of so-called remedies, BUT my foot is almost back to normal. I walked all day today shopping & errands with just a little tinge in my heel. I could hardly walk on it a couple of months ago. This site has helped me so much. It's unfortunate that we have to try so many different things before we find what works for us. If thats what it took to make my foot better, so what. I've spent more money eating meals out and making myself fatter than I've spent on my feet.
I really didn't get encouraged to lose weight until I found this site and read Scotts stats on weight loss and pf. Not to mention all the other great treatments that my Dr. never even mentioned. So to everybody else, I say bring on all your ideas I'll try them all !!!

Re: Not for you but definitely for me !

john on 7/28/99 at 00:00 (009167)

in six years i have tried: 3 poditrist, 3 foot and ankle surgeons, accupunture, massage, physical thearpy,heat, ice, all major high end brand of walking shoes, birkenstocks, soft custom orthotics, hard custom made orthotics, several off the shelf orthotics, Vitamins B-6,C,E,Bromaline,and 5-6 diffferent NASIDs, Reflexology, electric foot massagers, walking more, walking less, night splints, x-rays from all angles, nerve conduction test, and surfed the net endlessly.

I have not and will not try cortisone injections. All the poditrist wanted to inject or operate. One surgeon suggest that I do not have surgery. One surgeon said he did not know if surgery would solve the problem and another surgeon said that she had only one patient that she needed to operate on and that was successful.

out of all this i have discovered ice helps, birkenstocks help, night splints may or may not help. i still do not know if PF is the correct diagnosis and i do not think any of my doctors do either. i will continue my quest by reading this board which seems to be the best infor available anywhere.

Re: Not for you but definitely for me !

john on 7/28/99 at 00:00 (009167)

in six years i have tried: 3 poditrist, 3 foot and ankle surgeons, accupunture, massage, physical thearpy,heat, ice, all major high end brand of walking shoes, birkenstocks, soft custom orthotics, hard custom made orthotics, several off the shelf orthotics, Vitamins B-6,C,E,Bromaline,and 5-6 diffferent NASIDs, Reflexology, electric foot massagers, walking more, walking less, night splints, x-rays from all angles, nerve conduction test, and surfed the net endlessly.

I have not and will not try cortisone injections. All the poditrist wanted to inject or operate. One surgeon suggest that I do not have surgery. One surgeon said he did not know if surgery would solve the problem and another surgeon said that she had only one patient that she needed to operate on and that was successful.

out of all this i have discovered ice helps, birkenstocks help, night splints may or may not help. i still do not know if PF is the correct diagnosis and i do not think any of my doctors do either. i will continue my quest by reading this board which seems to be the best infor available anywhere.