Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sorry folks, I'll try to be more civil. Why does ATkins seem to help?

Posted by Gordon on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009225)

I know a lot of people disagree with the ATkins diet (me included) but it seems to have a very postive impact on how our feet do. If we knew why the atkins diet seems to help most (chronic types)who have tried it, we may be able to get studies done in this direction. In my book on Fibromyalgia it also advocates low carb high protein to releive symptoms ( this was written by an MD). Acording to my nutritonalist the low carb diet starves an intestinal yeast overgrowth which he claims is the root of our problems. I don't follow Atkins diet directly, I stay away from greasy meats and eat complex carbs and certain vegetables that are recommended on the yeast killer diet. I wish more people would get tested for intestinal yeast or at least try a low carb diet. THe diet doesn't cost you anything and the results are worth it.

Gordon

Re: Sorry folks, I'll try to be more civil. Why does ATkins seem to help?

Raleigh on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009255)

Hmmm, I have tried the anti-yeast routine (including herbs) and it did not have the same impact on my pf/myofacial problems that Atkins seemed to do. I agree with you on the Atkins diet though, fruit and vegetables are extremely important! It is my understanding that Atkins allows some fruit and vegetables after you get your body chemistry realigned.

Re: Sorry folks, I'll try to be more civil. Why does ATkins seem to help?

Raleigh on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009255)

Hmmm, I have tried the anti-yeast routine (including herbs) and it did not have the same impact on my pf/myofacial problems that Atkins seemed to do. I agree with you on the Atkins diet though, fruit and vegetables are extremely important! It is my understanding that Atkins allows some fruit and vegetables after you get your body chemistry realigned.