Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

International Organiztion Great, until then lets do a controlled study or two. Volunteers?

Posted by Gordon on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009228)

Since Scott has already accumulated a lot of data on most of the standard remedies it is time to move on to do some controlled tests.

I would like to do a study on the impact of diet on our condition. I already know that has made my feet much better. In order for us to do this we will set up several categories of people (chronics, short term, those who exercise, take vit C, tendonitis prone etc.) We will come up with several diets and monitor progress weekly and let this go on for a 3-6 month period. It will be work, but it will fun also.

Because dieting alone won't fix this, we will combine the diets with an exercise routine.

OK, we are going to need as many people as possible to try it out.

We will have to decide on the specifics based on the number of volunteers. LETS DO IT!

Re: International Organiztion Great, until then lets do a controlled study or two. Volunteers?

pete on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009235)

i'm curious...what have you done specifically with your diet to improve your condition? i'm willing to change mine!

Re: International Organiztion Great, until then lets do a controlled study or two. Volunteers?

Audrey on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009237)

Count me in, just let me know what you want me to do.

Beth on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009241)

Count me in too.

Beth ((email removed))

WANDA on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009251)

I am bigger than I have ever been in my life thanks to the curse. will do anything to get smaller, lets DO IT

Alicia on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009258)

Well, interesting that I decided to read the posts today. I've been so down lately and the pain that was subsiding with the Vit C is BACK, that I just couldn't bring myself to read everyone else's misery, too. Anyway, I think I would be willing to help out on this diet study, so let me know what we're going to do.

Raleigh on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009260)

Hang in there Wanda- I hear you. Me, too. Put on 50 pounds since this nightmare started. Take a look at the Atkins Low/No Carbohydrate Diet (dirty word, I know). It helps with the weight and the feet, at least it did for me (went off of it and whoomp, up goes the weight and ouch go the feet). Sigh. Needless to say, I started it up again. Good luck!

Jill on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009264)

I'ld like to join you. I don't know exactly what atkins diet is. I just have gotten some idea from this board. I recently gave up sugar and bread. Notice improvement in my feet right away. I would be really interested in knowing exactly what is helping my feet so I can focus my attention there. I am 5'2' 150 lb. I think I'm ready to start low impact exercise. now. Are you going to lay out the ground rules you would like different groups to follow?

barb on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009269)

I can relate too Wanda... I feel like I am as big as a house... But my flipping feet hurt so much I can barely walk... How am I supposed to do anything as far as exercise when I have to crawl to the toilet!!!!

Laura on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009286)

I'd be interested! Either in the control group or the test group. This is very exciting!

Wendy on 7/31/99 at 00:00 (009339)

I think a more defined subject should be pursued. Perhaps, just the effect of being overweight as a causal phenomenom and losing weight as therapy. I think many PF sufferers are probably overweight and not being able to do certain exercises (walking, aerobics) may contribute to additional weight gain.

Perhaps just weight loss will improve the condition regardless of the type of diet.

Roberta on 8/01/99 at 00:00 (009369)

Hi Gordon. I wouldn't mind helping in some regard. As I indicated in another post I have been detoxing and my foot feels great!! It had been getting better anyhow, so I don't know if this is what caused it or not, but I think it definately helps to eat well. As you probably know from my previous posts I do not feel the Atkins diet is very healthy . I do believe giving up sugar and white flour is a most excellent idea. But giving up vegetables and fruit as well... I can't buy that, as I also can't but eating mostly protein and fat. For me it is all about the specifics of the protein, fat, and carbos, not the generals. But I would be very interested to see how other folks feet are effected by food.

In my detoxing diet I did a food combining thing (to speed up digestion). And basically gave up caffeine, alcohol, sugar, wheat, dairy (though I ate a little of that) and all processed foods.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

pete on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009235)

i'm curious...what have you done specifically with your diet to improve your condition? i'm willing to change mine!

Audrey on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009237)

Count me in, just let me know what you want me to do.

Beth on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009241)

Count me in too.

Beth ((email removed))

WANDA on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009251)

I am bigger than I have ever been in my life thanks to the curse. will do anything to get smaller, lets DO IT

Alicia on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009258)

Well, interesting that I decided to read the posts today. I've been so down lately and the pain that was subsiding with the Vit C is BACK, that I just couldn't bring myself to read everyone else's misery, too. Anyway, I think I would be willing to help out on this diet study, so let me know what we're going to do.

Raleigh on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009260)

Hang in there Wanda- I hear you. Me, too. Put on 50 pounds since this nightmare started. Take a look at the Atkins Low/No Carbohydrate Diet (dirty word, I know). It helps with the weight and the feet, at least it did for me (went off of it and whoomp, up goes the weight and ouch go the feet). Sigh. Needless to say, I started it up again. Good luck!

Jill on 7/29/99 at 00:00 (009264)

I'ld like to join you. I don't know exactly what atkins diet is. I just have gotten some idea from this board. I recently gave up sugar and bread. Notice improvement in my feet right away. I would be really interested in knowing exactly what is helping my feet so I can focus my attention there. I am 5'2' 150 lb. I think I'm ready to start low impact exercise. now. Are you going to lay out the ground rules you would like different groups to follow?

barb on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009269)

I can relate too Wanda... I feel like I am as big as a house... But my flipping feet hurt so much I can barely walk... How am I supposed to do anything as far as exercise when I have to crawl to the toilet!!!!

Laura on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009286)

I'd be interested! Either in the control group or the test group. This is very exciting!

Wendy on 7/31/99 at 00:00 (009339)

I think a more defined subject should be pursued. Perhaps, just the effect of being overweight as a causal phenomenom and losing weight as therapy. I think many PF sufferers are probably overweight and not being able to do certain exercises (walking, aerobics) may contribute to additional weight gain.

Perhaps just weight loss will improve the condition regardless of the type of diet.

Roberta on 8/01/99 at 00:00 (009369)

Hi Gordon. I wouldn't mind helping in some regard. As I indicated in another post I have been detoxing and my foot feels great!! It had been getting better anyhow, so I don't know if this is what caused it or not, but I think it definately helps to eat well. As you probably know from my previous posts I do not feel the Atkins diet is very healthy . I do believe giving up sugar and white flour is a most excellent idea. But giving up vegetables and fruit as well... I can't buy that, as I also can't but eating mostly protein and fat. For me it is all about the specifics of the protein, fat, and carbos, not the generals. But I would be very interested to see how other folks feet are effected by food.

In my detoxing diet I did a food combining thing (to speed up digestion). And basically gave up caffeine, alcohol, sugar, wheat, dairy (though I ate a little of that) and all processed foods.

Let me know if I can help in any way.