Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sport Medicine Clinic-CANADA

Posted by Robert on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009274)

I keep hearing about the Sport Medicine Clinic in Toronto.Are the 2 doctors orthopedists,podiatrists,MD'S with residencies in some sport related aspects? What are their credentials? I know Canada has socialized medicine so does insurance cover this ortotripsy for those of us who live in the US?I would like additional information.

Re: Sport Medicine Clinic-CANADA

Jenn on 7/31/99 at 00:00 (009337)

I had the orthotripst performed 7/16/99 at the 'Institute of Sports Medicine'. It cost 1500 + 105 for the ultrasound. My insurance did not cover it. Thank god for credit cards. Read my postings where I describe what happened, when and how it affected me.

Robert on 7/31/99 at 00:00 (009340)

Found your postings and they are most interesting-WHAT ABOUT THE CREDENTIALS of the doctors that I am asking?Thank you for answering.

mohez on 7/31/99 at 00:00 (009346)

Robert

Dr. Galea is a medical doctor with a specialty in sports medicine. The other
doctor I believe is Dr. Gordon who is an orthopedic surgeon. Go on to the
orthotripsy link from Scotts home page and you can get more info

Mohez

Jenn on 7/31/99 at 00:00 (009337)

I had the orthotripst performed 7/16/99 at the 'Institute of Sports Medicine'. It cost 1500 + 105 for the ultrasound. My insurance did not cover it. Thank god for credit cards. Read my postings where I describe what happened, when and how it affected me.

Robert on 7/31/99 at 00:00 (009340)

Found your postings and they are most interesting-WHAT ABOUT THE CREDENTIALS of the doctors that I am asking?Thank you for answering.

mohez on 7/31/99 at 00:00 (009346)

Robert

Dr. Galea is a medical doctor with a specialty in sports medicine. The other
doctor I believe is Dr. Gordon who is an orthopedic surgeon. Go on to the
orthotripsy link from Scotts home page and you can get more info

Mohez