Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Discovereed Naot shoes made in Israel which are GREAT!!!!!!

Posted by Sarah on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009280)

I just came back from a store in Columbus, Ohio called Hat and Sole. I went there seeking Birkenstocks which I had years ago prior to pf diagnosis and hated (uncomfortable and IMHO ugly). I gave them away. Deciding that perhaps I was missing the boat, I went there and discovered these shoes called Naot which were similar in design (but a greater variety of options and styles). The clerk steered more towards them and I tried on multiple pairs as well as a pair of Birkenstocks. While the Birks were still uncomfortable for me I found a pair of Naot mules that were instantly comfortable and the first pair of shoes I've been able to where without my orthodics. I'm testing them out around the house and they are awesome (and much better looking too)!!! I noticed that I wasn't as comfortable in a flatter Naot sandal similar in style to the Birks due to the fact that the Naot mules provide a little elevation in the heel. I thought I would let you all know. Good luck! Sarah

Re: Discovereed Naot shoes made in Israel which are GREAT!!!!!!

Bobette on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009302)

I too was shopping for Birks in Yellow Springs, OH @ Moody Shoes and the clerk recommended I try Naots. I purchased a pair of the clogs and Loooove them!!!! They seem to be the shoes I always slip on, and your right, they are much more stylish than Birks and very reasonably priced. I'm going back to purchase the 'Olso' style which also felt very comfortable.

Re: Discovereed Naot shoes-- They gave me PF!!!!

alan on 8/20/99 at 14:19 (009987)

After buying Noat shoes, very, very comfy in the store, I got a little achy. Over time it got worse, finally ending in a diagnosis of PF. Have not responded to treatment after two months. Very depressing. I have noticed that everyone seems to respond differently but fellow sufferers know how deeply I feel the need to warn anyone against 'dong the things I've done'
Good luck everyone.

Re: Discovereed Naot shoes made in Israel which are GREAT!!!!!!

Bobette on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009302)

I too was shopping for Birks in Yellow Springs, OH @ Moody Shoes and the clerk recommended I try Naots. I purchased a pair of the clogs and Loooove them!!!! They seem to be the shoes I always slip on, and your right, they are much more stylish than Birks and very reasonably priced. I'm going back to purchase the 'Olso' style which also felt very comfortable.

Re: Discovereed Naot shoes-- They gave me PF!!!!

alan on 8/20/99 at 14:19 (009987)

After buying Noat shoes, very, very comfy in the store, I got a little achy. Over time it got worse, finally ending in a diagnosis of PF. Have not responded to treatment after two months. Very depressing. I have noticed that everyone seems to respond differently but fellow sufferers know how deeply I feel the need to warn anyone against 'dong the things I've done'
Good luck everyone.