Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

FYI: Orthodic Adjustment Important

Posted by Sarah on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009281)

Recently I have been experiencing pain in my left heel both on the bottom of my foot and on the sides. While I do have pf in both feet, my right has always given me more discomfort. Thinking that I had irritated it somehow (although I have been extreemely conservative in my exercise), I increased icing and stretching and it wouldn't go away. Finally, I decided that perhaps my orthotics need replaced eventhough they were not a year old and had been adjusted in March. When the orthodic adjuster saw them today she said they were in need of adjusting from normal wear and tear and that the foot pain I was experiencing was more than likely due to the fact that the orthodics were no longer controlling my foot movement, my foot was. As soon as they were adjusted and I put them back in my shoes I felt an immeadiate difference. They felt much better. She advised me that the instant that I feel pain flaring up to come in because they probably need adjusted. While I should have known better I obviously didn't. The only thing I recall being told when I first got them was that they would need replaced once a year. So I thought I would pass this bit of information along eventhough it seems obvious. Good luck to all!
Sarah

Re: FYI: Orthodic Adjustment Important

wendy on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009305)

Thanks for the reminder. I just got new orthotics yesterday, the first 'soft' kind I have had, and I am very pleased with how my foot feels. I've had them on eight hours now, except for about 1 hour when I stretched and iced, and they still feel good. We pay enough for them, we should certainly make sure they fit right.

Re: FYI: Orthodic Adjustment Important

wendy on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009305)

Thanks for the reminder. I just got new orthotics yesterday, the first 'soft' kind I have had, and I am very pleased with how my foot feels. I've had them on eight hours now, except for about 1 hour when I stretched and iced, and they still feel good. We pay enough for them, we should certainly make sure they fit right.