Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

By the way Raleigh. . . .

Posted by Carol E. on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009297)

If you are going back on the diet, you need to do some research on some low-carb sites (forums). If you don't like much meat, I've seen several posts by ladies who include a lot of soybean proteins in their meals such as tofu. Sounds gross to me but maybe you would prefer that to a nice juicy steak!!! Ha,ha!!! Also, I use a fair amount of whey protein isolate for my protein. Several times a week I make chocolate whey protein pancakes for breakfast and I often make a whey protein shake for lunch with a couple of strawberries in it. There are other sources for protein besides meat and cheese. Okay, enough!!!

Re: By the way Raleigh. . . .

Beth on 7/31/99 at 00:00 (009331)

I'm not sure if I'll be able to actually do the Atkins diet yet, Raleigh. The more I read about being in less pain within two days though is enough to motivate me to try it for a month!

I've been researching the diet on the web and in the grocery store to see just what I can eat. I buy Morningstar Farm burgers (vegetarian) and they have 5g of carbs/patty. I like them! Now if I could just figure out a way to have a bowl of cereal for breakfast I think I'd try it. I don't like eating heavy in the morning...but I like eating something. Along the way I've discovered that I don't like protein shakes.

Anybody have any breakfast ideas that don't include eggs?

Thanks,

Beth

Re: By the way Raleigh. . . .

Beth on 7/31/99 at 00:00 (009331)

I'm not sure if I'll be able to actually do the Atkins diet yet, Raleigh. The more I read about being in less pain within two days though is enough to motivate me to try it for a month!

I've been researching the diet on the web and in the grocery store to see just what I can eat. I buy Morningstar Farm burgers (vegetarian) and they have 5g of carbs/patty. I like them! Now if I could just figure out a way to have a bowl of cereal for breakfast I think I'd try it. I don't like eating heavy in the morning...but I like eating something. Along the way I've discovered that I don't like protein shakes.

Anybody have any breakfast ideas that don't include eggs?

Thanks,

Beth