Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Alicia, why do you think you went backwards?

Posted by Gordon on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009308)

What happened on the feet? Diet? exercise? supplements, overdid it, overstressed? Personally, I think our stress levels are part of the problem. The foot problem creates stress and the stress keeps the foot from healing. It's part of a nasty cycle? All this other stuff helps but it sure is a lot of work.

Cheer up, its summertime!

On the study, I've got a few ideas but I need input. At this popint I've been thinking of using an excel spreadsheet and just E-mailing it out to everyone to keep track of all the data. Then they can send it back to me at the end. However, I think Scott has a better method using the internet. I don't have time or the knowledge to invent some easy tracking sytem like he could.

Gordon

Re: Alicia, why do you think you went backwards?

Alicia on 8/02/99 at 20:03 (009402)

Gordon, I'm not sure what has caused my regression. A bit of overuse here and there, but not enough I don't think to really be the cause. Maybe my diet? I'm really beginning to wonder about the sugar. Also, I walk a lot at work. I'm a supervisor of a busy Medical Record department in a large home health agency. I'm a 'working' supervisor, so I'm always going here and there checking on this or that. Our floors are carpet covered concrete - the worst possible surface to walk on. I think this is a big part of it. Anyway, I'm still riding my stationary bike, riding outside when it's not too hot and teaching toning classes at the 'Y' to keep my fitness level where it needs to be. Trying to enjoy the summer. As for the suggestions on record keeping for the study - I don't know much about internet methodology either. Would Scott help us? Otherwise, the spreadsheet idea sounds OK to me. How scientific are you wanting to be? Thanks for asking about me - it helps. A.

Re: Alicia, why do you think you went backwards?

Alicia on 8/02/99 at 20:03 (009402)

Gordon, I'm not sure what has caused my regression. A bit of overuse here and there, but not enough I don't think to really be the cause. Maybe my diet? I'm really beginning to wonder about the sugar. Also, I walk a lot at work. I'm a supervisor of a busy Medical Record department in a large home health agency. I'm a 'working' supervisor, so I'm always going here and there checking on this or that. Our floors are carpet covered concrete - the worst possible surface to walk on. I think this is a big part of it. Anyway, I'm still riding my stationary bike, riding outside when it's not too hot and teaching toning classes at the 'Y' to keep my fitness level where it needs to be. Trying to enjoy the summer. As for the suggestions on record keeping for the study - I don't know much about internet methodology either. Would Scott help us? Otherwise, the spreadsheet idea sounds OK to me. How scientific are you wanting to be? Thanks for asking about me - it helps. A.