Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

non aggressive removal of longtime plantar warts

Posted by Ellen Featherly on 7/31/99 at 00:00 (009327)

Has there been any success with non surgical methods of removing longtime plantar warts? Anyone ever try magnets? Pulse Lamp Dye Laser Treatment? Please Help! Ellen

Re: non aggressive removal of longtime plantar warts

Roberta on 8/01/99 at 00:00 (009362)

Okay, I am not sure I dare even post this, but some people state that putting urine (your own) on the warts gets rid of them. This isn't a joke, but I haven't personally tried it.

Mine were really bad until I started swimming, then the chlorine seemed to take care of most of them.

Gordon on 8/04/99 at 18:54 (009460)

Do they just get pissed off?

Jenny Lewis on 8/05/99 at 05:17 (009472)

Thank you Gordon! started my day with a smile...

Related to this interesting idea of self-cure, on holiday in Greece some years ago I got stung by a sea-urchin. PAINful sharp spikes stuck into the side of my heel (right foot, hmmmm, wonder if that was the dim distant past cause of the spur?) and you cannot pull the little buggers out because they are brittle, barbed, and just break if you try. A Greek doctor suggested dabbing it with olive oil to help soothe it and the barbs would eventually work their own way out. They did, and my foot smelled delicious... Anyway, to get to some sort of point, not barbed (sorry), I was subsequently told that a sure cure for sea-urchin stings is - urine. Whether your own or someone else's I have no idea, and if someone else's, whose? and how do you ask? someone you know very well, presumably?

Most important question of all - who discovered this, and HOW???? ;-)

feeling irreverent today....

best wishes to all hobblers

jl

Roberta on 8/01/99 at 00:00 (009362)

Okay, I am not sure I dare even post this, but some people state that putting urine (your own) on the warts gets rid of them. This isn't a joke, but I haven't personally tried it.

Mine were really bad until I started swimming, then the chlorine seemed to take care of most of them.

Gordon on 8/04/99 at 18:54 (009460)

Do they just get pissed off?

Jenny Lewis on 8/05/99 at 05:17 (009472)

Thank you Gordon! started my day with a smile...

Related to this interesting idea of self-cure, on holiday in Greece some years ago I got stung by a sea-urchin. PAINful sharp spikes stuck into the side of my heel (right foot, hmmmm, wonder if that was the dim distant past cause of the spur?) and you cannot pull the little buggers out because they are brittle, barbed, and just break if you try. A Greek doctor suggested dabbing it with olive oil to help soothe it and the barbs would eventually work their own way out. They did, and my foot smelled delicious... Anyway, to get to some sort of point, not barbed (sorry), I was subsequently told that a sure cure for sea-urchin stings is - urine. Whether your own or someone else's I have no idea, and if someone else's, whose? and how do you ask? someone you know very well, presumably?

Most important question of all - who discovered this, and HOW???? ;-)

feeling irreverent today....

best wishes to all hobblers

jl