Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ibuprofen: Is it dangerous?

Posted by Connie Sunday on 8/01/99 at 00:00 (009359)

I'm concerned that I have been taking too much Ibuprofen over the last ten years or so. I quit taking it recently, thinking it would be a good idea to give my body a rest, but I'm in so much pain I can barely function and need to start up again, at least when school starts. What's the story on long term usage of this product, say, taking 2-3 tablets twice a day?

Thanks,
Connie

Re: Ibuprofen: Is it dangerous?

Sarah on 8/01/99 at 00:00 (009360)

Connie, welcome to the board. I think you will find so much helpful info here. Yes, ibuprofen is dangerous if taken repeatedly for a long amount of time. My doc gave me prescription ibup. in the beginning to help reduce the inflammation but warned that long term use can cause stomach ulcers and kidney damage. There are two all natural remedies- bromelain and pancreatin enzyme. Read Scott's 25 page document which explains about these further. I have been taking the pancreatin for about 1 1/5 weeks so I feel premature in reporting results, but so far I have felt improvement. I also have been using the ibuprofen cream which I ordered off the internet and find it soothing. I went to the bookstore yesterday and scoured the pages of multiple resources about these all natural remedies because the dosage was vague on the back of my bottle and didn't exactly match Scott's suggestion. To help reduce inflammation using pancreatin enzyme one should take it 10-20 mins prior to eating to aid in the proper digestionbreakdown of this supplement. I forget specifics from the resources I read. Also, at no level is it toxic which was another one of the questions I wanted answered. Anyway, scroll back over previous pages and read the info. Good luck. Sarah

Re: Ibuprofen: Is it dangerous?

Sarah on 8/01/99 at 00:00 (009360)

Connie, welcome to the board. I think you will find so much helpful info here. Yes, ibuprofen is dangerous if taken repeatedly for a long amount of time. My doc gave me prescription ibup. in the beginning to help reduce the inflammation but warned that long term use can cause stomach ulcers and kidney damage. There are two all natural remedies- bromelain and pancreatin enzyme. Read Scott's 25 page document which explains about these further. I have been taking the pancreatin for about 1 1/5 weeks so I feel premature in reporting results, but so far I have felt improvement. I also have been using the ibuprofen cream which I ordered off the internet and find it soothing. I went to the bookstore yesterday and scoured the pages of multiple resources about these all natural remedies because the dosage was vague on the back of my bottle and didn't exactly match Scott's suggestion. To help reduce inflammation using pancreatin enzyme one should take it 10-20 mins prior to eating to aid in the proper digestionbreakdown of this supplement. I forget specifics from the resources I read. Also, at no level is it toxic which was another one of the questions I wanted answered. Anyway, scroll back over previous pages and read the info. Good luck. Sarah