Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Atkins

Posted by Gordon on 8/01/99 at 00:00 (009371)

I'm not crazy about the Atkins either but if this problem can be linke d to an intestinal yeast overgrowth then fruits and all starchy vegetables would have to be limited as welluntil the yeast was lowered to an acceptable level. I guess I'm using Atkins as something similar to a yeast killer diet. I wouldn't be long term and the vit C must be made up for using supplements. You don't have to eat the fat.

Gordon

Re: Atkins

Roberta on 8/02/99 at 16:13 (009399)

I am not worried about the fat. I am worried about not enough minerals and vitamins from lack of vegetables and fruit. About using protein as your primary energy source. And about eating mostly foods that are very acidic which can raise the acid levels in your tissues (a big problem for me).

Otherwise it's great.

Re: Atkins

Roberta on 8/02/99 at 16:13 (009399)

I am not worried about the fat. I am worried about not enough minerals and vitamins from lack of vegetables and fruit. About using protein as your primary energy source. And about eating mostly foods that are very acidic which can raise the acid levels in your tissues (a big problem for me).

Otherwise it's great.