Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Q. on Ecco-shoes and diabetes.

Posted by Per, DK on 8/03/99 at 04:41 (009414)

Two questions.

1: My survival shoes are wearing out. For some reason the soft 'highhealed' shoes Ive been trying (Asics gel, Nike air indoor-shoes) havent been good for me. Anyone with the same type of shoe-finding problems? pf seems not to be to located medially, but more spread accross the proximal part of the fascie, so maybe this has something to say. I only get Ecco-shoes in my area: Which of these could be worth trying?

2: Also: - a long shot - I show very weak signs of diabetes. If I have it, could that in any way be directly related to my pf (read: Any chance that if I eat the right diet it will all go away)

Thanks for a lot of inspiring advices and hope-offerings. Good luck to all.

Re: Q. on Ecco-shoes and diabetes.

john on 8/03/99 at 09:05 (009417)

aside from birks i find some models of the ecco shoes the most supportative in the arch. the nubucks mens shoe offers a lot of support in my opinion. ecco has a web page (www.ecco.com). they are expensive. as i posted yesterday, birkenstock is comming out this month with an aggressive program to sell their new line of shoes this month. i understand they will have around 25 new shoe styles. i looked at one pair yesterday and they seem to have the same insole as the typical sandals but are a lot more stylish.

andrea on 8/04/99 at 16:07 (009456)

Re: question #2--I just came back from the Dr. today (orthopedic surgeon) who doesn't think that I have pf. I have a burning aching pain in both feet but more in the arch region (not sure if that eludes to your proximal region of the fascia since I am not sure where that is)in any case he says that pain in the feet can indicate the first signs of diabetes. He has now sent me on to a neurologist for an EMG to rule out TTS. however, I thought it was interesting that he mentioned feet pain in relation to diabetes. I think if you think you have diabetes you should be checked out immediately. If it were diabetes and you get it under control I would assume that the pf might subside since it would be a characteristic of the diabetes--but I am not a doctor.

Beth on 8/04/99 at 17:41 (009458)

Andrea,

My podiatrist sent me to a neurologist too for futher testing on TTS. He ordered blood work which came back showing my sugar was ok, but that I'm anemic. He said that this could cause burning in your feet. I'm seeing my MD tomorrow to see what his take is on all of this! It would be so great if all I needed were extra iron. Does it sound too good to be true?....

Beth

john on 8/05/99 at 09:34 (009479)

andrea you describe my exact symptons which I have had for 7 years. in my case it is not diabates and it is in both feet.

john on 8/03/99 at 09:05 (009417)

aside from birks i find some models of the ecco shoes the most supportative in the arch. the nubucks mens shoe offers a lot of support in my opinion. ecco has a web page (www.ecco.com). they are expensive. as i posted yesterday, birkenstock is comming out this month with an aggressive program to sell their new line of shoes this month. i understand they will have around 25 new shoe styles. i looked at one pair yesterday and they seem to have the same insole as the typical sandals but are a lot more stylish.

andrea on 8/04/99 at 16:07 (009456)

Re: question #2--I just came back from the Dr. today (orthopedic surgeon) who doesn't think that I have pf. I have a burning aching pain in both feet but more in the arch region (not sure if that eludes to your proximal region of the fascia since I am not sure where that is)in any case he says that pain in the feet can indicate the first signs of diabetes. He has now sent me on to a neurologist for an EMG to rule out TTS. however, I thought it was interesting that he mentioned feet pain in relation to diabetes. I think if you think you have diabetes you should be checked out immediately. If it were diabetes and you get it under control I would assume that the pf might subside since it would be a characteristic of the diabetes--but I am not a doctor.

Beth on 8/04/99 at 17:41 (009458)

Andrea,

My podiatrist sent me to a neurologist too for futher testing on TTS. He ordered blood work which came back showing my sugar was ok, but that I'm anemic. He said that this could cause burning in your feet. I'm seeing my MD tomorrow to see what his take is on all of this! It would be so great if all I needed were extra iron. Does it sound too good to be true?....

Beth

john on 8/05/99 at 09:34 (009479)

andrea you describe my exact symptons which I have had for 7 years. in my case it is not diabates and it is in both feet.