Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pf causing walking problems

Posted by chris on 8/03/99 at 11:09 (009422)

ive had pf for 8 months and my heel hurt that bad i started walking wrong causing back problems and rib cage problems my heel feels better but because i have been walking wrong my foot does not support me proper any suggestions

Re: pf causing walking problems

Dannielle on 8/03/99 at 16:10 (009429)

First you've gotta get yourself to a good podiatrist. It's vitally important that you start treatment ASAP and you're gonna have to lessen the amount of walking you do till you get better (which could take months). There's a variety of things to do: make sure you've got properly fitting, good supporting shoes (check out New Balance shoes), you may need orthotic arch supports (good quality ones can be bought at shoe stores - don't buy off the shelf ones). What I did was do calf stretches, massaging of my calf muscles and feet, you may need to ice your feet and take ibuprofen to deal with the pain, but I've also found that soaking in a warm tub can help too.

Re: pf causing walking problems

Dannielle on 8/03/99 at 16:10 (009429)

First you've gotta get yourself to a good podiatrist. It's vitally important that you start treatment ASAP and you're gonna have to lessen the amount of walking you do till you get better (which could take months). There's a variety of things to do: make sure you've got properly fitting, good supporting shoes (check out New Balance shoes), you may need orthotic arch supports (good quality ones can be bought at shoe stores - don't buy off the shelf ones). What I did was do calf stretches, massaging of my calf muscles and feet, you may need to ice your feet and take ibuprofen to deal with the pain, but I've also found that soaking in a warm tub can help too.