Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TENS

Posted by Gordon on 8/03/99 at 11:27 (009425)

I bought a TENS unit from an Acupunture person about two years agofor $140. I'm not sure if this is a legal way to buy them but I couldn't get a prescritption for them. I used to use them when the burning pain was very bad at night. They helped. They do more than mask the pain they help blood flow especially in the feet where it is the worsst place for blood flow.

Re: TENS

Melissa on 6/05/98 at 18:05 (000714)

Judy,

I had a TENS unit for a damaged nerve in my ankle. The pain was so
bad I could hardly walk. The TENS unit took away the pain, and
helped the problem so much that I was pain free after using it 23 1/2
hours a day for five weeks. It has no side effects and is non-invasive. My biggest complaint was that my unit ate a battery every two days. I would definitely recommend giving this a try! Even if it does not help, it certainly won't hurt you or make the problem worse.

Melissa

John M on 6/05/98 at 19:20 (000715)

I used a Tens unit for PF and it does reduce the pain but I just used my feet more and by doing that they got worse. I would recomend it to reduce the pain but you shouldn't increase your activity level.
You will only make your feet worse when your not using it.

john on 8/06/99 at 10:32 (009504)

gordon since placement of the positive and negitive electrodes is very important with a tens unit how do you know where to place them?

john on 8/06/99 at 10:32 (009504)

gordon since placement of the positive and negitive electrodes is very important with a tens unit how do you know where to place them?