Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF worse in the Summertime?

Posted by Kara on 8/03/99 at 20:40 (009432)

I just realized that I only seem to get PF during the summer.
Does anyone else seem to have it worse in the summer?
I thought it might have to do with the heat causing more inflammation.
I don't think it's because I'm on my feet more in the summertime, because if anything, I was on my feet more this past winter and had very little PF flairups. All I can say is my FEET HURT!!!

let me know!
thanks,
kara

Re: PF worse in the Summertime?

Judy E on 8/03/99 at 22:26 (009437)

Summer has seen an improvement for me. BUT..... We recently had a three day weather front pass thru here and , OUCH! I felt like I did last Feb/March when I started seeing the poditrist.

So it may be the heat that makes our feet swell, weather fronts, eating differently. Who knows.

Hope it gets better for you soon. (I iced and elevated and now feeling much better.)

MaryAnneinMaine on 8/05/99 at 07:38 (009476)

NEVER go barefoot! Not even in the shower or the beach.

Judy E on 8/03/99 at 22:26 (009437)

Summer has seen an improvement for me. BUT..... We recently had a three day weather front pass thru here and , OUCH! I felt like I did last Feb/March when I started seeing the poditrist.

So it may be the heat that makes our feet swell, weather fronts, eating differently. Who knows.

Hope it gets better for you soon. (I iced and elevated and now feeling much better.)

MaryAnneinMaine on 8/05/99 at 07:38 (009476)

NEVER go barefoot! Not even in the shower or the beach.