Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

b12

Posted by pete on 8/04/99 at 18:59 (009461)

I am seeing a dr next week...in talking w/his nurse...she indicated that sometimes he prescribes a daily vitamin b12 shot for 30 days...interesting...i know someone on this site had previously mentioned they got 1 shot and it helped...I got one about 5 days ago, but don't notice anything yet...has anyone else heard of taking this much b12 and is it safe? i've heard some vitamins are ok to get alot of and some aren't.

Re: b12

Martha D on 8/06/99 at 09:26 (009500)

Pete, I wrote about B-12 in response to Letty whose title was 'No cure' etc. I convinced my doctor to give me 1 B12 shot over a month ago and in about 10 days I was a lot better and continued to improve. I just returned from a trip that involved a lot of walking (over 2 miles a day) and my feet are great. They were a little sore the end of the day but were fine by the next morning. I am 97% better!. Since the 1 shot, I have been taking B12 by mouth (the kind that melts in the mouth and is absorbed that way not through the stomach). I have no way to be sure if this was the answer but I have never felt better. Everything I have read said it would be hard to overdose on B12.
If the series you are getting doesn't ehlp in 1 month I would assume that was not the answer for you. Good luck.

Re: b12

Martha D on 8/06/99 at 09:26 (009500)

Pete, I wrote about B-12 in response to Letty whose title was 'No cure' etc. I convinced my doctor to give me 1 B12 shot over a month ago and in about 10 days I was a lot better and continued to improve. I just returned from a trip that involved a lot of walking (over 2 miles a day) and my feet are great. They were a little sore the end of the day but were fine by the next morning. I am 97% better!. Since the 1 shot, I have been taking B12 by mouth (the kind that melts in the mouth and is absorbed that way not through the stomach). I have no way to be sure if this was the answer but I have never felt better. Everything I have read said it would be hard to overdose on B12.
If the series you are getting doesn't ehlp in 1 month I would assume that was not the answer for you. Good luck.