Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

John have you ever had any nerve testing done?

Posted by Andrea on 8/05/99 at 12:59 (009484)

John- Have you had any type of nerve testing done? Also do you have any type of back pain at all? My Dr. said yesterday that he believes it to be some type of systemic problem such as a nerve disorder. He says that a 'burning pain' is characteristic of the nervous system and also he believes it might be systemic in the fact that it is in both feet in the exact same place.

Re: John have you ever had any nerve testing done?

john on 8/06/99 at 10:30 (009502)

andrea: i had nerve conduction test on both feet two weeks ago by an orthopedic surgeon. he said i some impingment in both tarsal tunnel nerves which 'could' account for my pain. I have not seen the results he forwarded on to my regular surgeon. i am having surgery on my toe in three weeks and may or may not have a tarsal tunnel procedure depending on what my surgeon and I think.even though i have evidence of tarsal tunnel impingement there is no guarantee that the foot pain is caused by that. foot problems seem to be like voodoo in that no one really understands cause and effect.

Re: John have you ever had any nerve testing done?

john on 8/06/99 at 10:30 (009502)

andrea: i had nerve conduction test on both feet two weeks ago by an orthopedic surgeon. he said i some impingment in both tarsal tunnel nerves which 'could' account for my pain. I have not seen the results he forwarded on to my regular surgeon. i am having surgery on my toe in three weeks and may or may not have a tarsal tunnel procedure depending on what my surgeon and I think.even though i have evidence of tarsal tunnel impingement there is no guarantee that the foot pain is caused by that. foot problems seem to be like voodoo in that no one really understands cause and effect.