Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sore on TOP of foot now, too. Anyone else had this happen?

Posted by Raleigh on 8/06/99 at 14:36 (009507)

I have metatarsal (front of foot) pf, it pulls under the second smallest toe. The tendons on the top of the foot on either side of this toe HURT. I have started acupuncture; and am doing stretches, wearing orthotics, and using magnets. This is helping with the sole of the foot but not the top. Has anyone else had this happen? Ideas? Thanks!

Re: Sore on TOP of foot now, too. Anyone else had this happen?

Lee on 8/06/99 at 22:27 (009520)

The top of my foot has kind of locked up, it hurts right in front of my ankle on the top right of my foot. My doctor says the joints lock up and he adjusts it and its fine again. Its from stepping funny on my foot to avoid heel pain. Just like putting too much weight on my left side gave me sciatica problems. Domino effect in your body.

Karen EX6 on 8/07/99 at 10:03 (009532)

Your orthotics may be making your foot push up to the top of the shoe. Take out the original foot insole. Place the orthotic over it. Mark it. Cut the original insole on the marked line. Throw away the half you don't need. Insert the orthotic and the original insole (half & half) back in your shoe. A shoe store guy told me he does this for orthopedic shoes. It works for me.

Lee on 8/06/99 at 22:27 (009520)

The top of my foot has kind of locked up, it hurts right in front of my ankle on the top right of my foot. My doctor says the joints lock up and he adjusts it and its fine again. Its from stepping funny on my foot to avoid heel pain. Just like putting too much weight on my left side gave me sciatica problems. Domino effect in your body.

Karen EX6 on 8/07/99 at 10:03 (009532)

Your orthotics may be making your foot push up to the top of the shoe. Take out the original foot insole. Place the orthotic over it. Mark it. Cut the original insole on the marked line. Throw away the half you don't need. Insert the orthotic and the original insole (half & half) back in your shoe. A shoe store guy told me he does this for orthopedic shoes. It works for me.