Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ATkins Diet

Posted by To: Carol E on 8/07/99 at 08:56 (009528)

My weight loss has slowed to about 1/2 lb a week. I know thats still OK but I'm anxious to lose this last 20 lbs. I had 2 days of being off the diet and my foot was immediately worse. Definetly not my imagination. How's your diet coming, are you overweight? If you are, hows your progress?
40 acres of Hay !!!!! Where in the world do you live girlfriend ???
I'm a city girl from So. Calif.

Re: ATkins Diet

Carol E. on 8/07/99 at 18:25 (009544)

I have very painlessly lost 35 pounds since mid March. I still have about 50 to go. I've not been real productive this past month because I have been so busy getting the hay in that I haven't had time to cook 'legal' stuff. Some days I'm on and some days it is easier to eat a quick bagel or something---definitely more of a time factor than a craving. I'm in control though and haven't gained anything back. Hubby and I both commented the other day however, that we missed being on the diet(and how good we felt)---does that sound odd or what!!! Ha,ha!!! I've been back on two days now and am ready to get rid of some more weight!

I was raised a city girl also, but always had a great love for country life and a love of the mountains. My husband works in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and we live in a beautiful farming community in Star Valley, which is about 60 miles south of there. We have a quarter horse stud and operate a small horse breeding business and enjoy 'getting back to the earth' and farming our 40 acres. There is nothing quite like the smell of new mown hay! The problem this year is that my husband has been so busy that I have had to do all of the haying. I don't mind doing it but the breakdowns are a pain.

Re: ATkins Diet

Carol E. on 8/07/99 at 18:25 (009544)

I have very painlessly lost 35 pounds since mid March. I still have about 50 to go. I've not been real productive this past month because I have been so busy getting the hay in that I haven't had time to cook 'legal' stuff. Some days I'm on and some days it is easier to eat a quick bagel or something---definitely more of a time factor than a craving. I'm in control though and haven't gained anything back. Hubby and I both commented the other day however, that we missed being on the diet(and how good we felt)---does that sound odd or what!!! Ha,ha!!! I've been back on two days now and am ready to get rid of some more weight!

I was raised a city girl also, but always had a great love for country life and a love of the mountains. My husband works in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and we live in a beautiful farming community in Star Valley, which is about 60 miles south of there. We have a quarter horse stud and operate a small horse breeding business and enjoy 'getting back to the earth' and farming our 40 acres. There is nothing quite like the smell of new mown hay! The problem this year is that my husband has been so busy that I have had to do all of the haying. I don't mind doing it but the breakdowns are a pain.