Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Ibuprophen cream VS Piroxicam cream...

Posted by Kimbe on 8/07/99 at 14:19 (009540)

I'm assuming the Piroxicam different from the Ibuprophen cream, right? Where did you get it? Have you ever tried the Ibuprophen cream too? Good to know that the piroxicam cream help you. Thanks for the input Lee, and best wishes for your foot health!

Kimbe

Sarah on 8/07/99 at 17:43 (009542)

Ibuprophen cream is ordered off the link from this sight. Piroxicam cream is a prescription that has to be specially mixed at a compounding pharmacy. Usually the more 'mom and pop' pharmacies are better able to mix up something like this than a national chain. The generic name for Piroxicam is Feldene and it is more commonly prescribed in its oral form. I haven't asked my dr. yet if he will prescribe, but I will see him in 2 weeks and will ask then. His nurse, however, said that he has prescribed Feldene before, but never as a cream to her knowledge. many here have posted great success with it and from my obsevations (nothing rooted in fact) I seem to read more positives about it than I do the ibuprophen cream. Good luck! Sarah

P.S. to clarify my previous post, I stopped walking and tennis, but I do exercise. i now bike 30 minutes a day and am contemplating taking up swimming or highering a sports trainer to begin some weight training because I have gained weight since my feet were diagnosed.

Sarah on 8/07/99 at 17:43 (009542)

Ibuprophen cream is ordered off the link from this sight. Piroxicam cream is a prescription that has to be specially mixed at a compounding pharmacy. Usually the more 'mom and pop' pharmacies are better able to mix up something like this than a national chain. The generic name for Piroxicam is Feldene and it is more commonly prescribed in its oral form. I haven't asked my dr. yet if he will prescribe, but I will see him in 2 weeks and will ask then. His nurse, however, said that he has prescribed Feldene before, but never as a cream to her knowledge. many here have posted great success with it and from my obsevations (nothing rooted in fact) I seem to read more positives about it than I do the ibuprophen cream. Good luck! Sarah

P.S. to clarify my previous post, I stopped walking and tennis, but I do exercise. i now bike 30 minutes a day and am contemplating taking up swimming or highering a sports trainer to begin some weight training because I have gained weight since my feet were diagnosed.