Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Exercise is great if you can tolerate it.

Posted by Kimbe on 8/07/99 at 22:21 (009548)

Hi Gordon,

I've got the book you mentioned. I agree with most of what they've written. I, however, haven't tolerated exercise well at all. Believe me, I wanted to. I do have a small child, that should count for some. The time spent exercising has always seems to rob me of my energy resourses. I tried many forms and fashions, believe me, you're not the first to suggest this. I do appreciate your input though.

Regards, Kimber

Diane F. on 8/08/99 at 13:04 (009575)

Hi Kimber

If you have chronic fatigue syndrome, exercise will make things worse not better but if you just have fibromyaligis, exercise can help. I know as I have had both. When I had cfs they claimed I had fibro but exercise made me very ill. I finally beat it but had many problems left over from it but have gotten better over the years. Now they I have fibro, which just started a couple of months ago, and it is no way like cfs.. belive me!, but it is bad enough! If I exercise it will make me sore and tired but does not make me sick like when I did it with cfs. Doctors don;t seem to be able to tell the diff. sometimes or just don't care. I would look into a cfs support group, that is what is sounds like you have to me, and most of them combine fibro and cfs in one group, so you would be cover in any direction. Good Luck!

Diane F. on 8/08/99 at 13:04 (009575)

Hi Kimber

If you have chronic fatigue syndrome, exercise will make things worse not better but if you just have fibromyaligis, exercise can help. I know as I have had both. When I had cfs they claimed I had fibro but exercise made me very ill. I finally beat it but had many problems left over from it but have gotten better over the years. Now they I have fibro, which just started a couple of months ago, and it is no way like cfs.. belive me!, but it is bad enough! If I exercise it will make me sore and tired but does not make me sick like when I did it with cfs. Doctors don;t seem to be able to tell the diff. sometimes or just don't care. I would look into a cfs support group, that is what is sounds like you have to me, and most of them combine fibro and cfs in one group, so you would be cover in any direction. Good Luck!