Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

night braces

Posted by Iris on 8/08/99 at 08:53 (009564)

I just received night braces for both feet. Is there someone who has used the night braces and could tell me if I should start using them gradually (like 1 hour at a time) or is it safe to wear throught the night the very first time. Thank you!

Re: night braces

Laura on 8/08/99 at 21:52 (009580)

Iris,
I believe it is safe to wear them all night the first night. The only problem I had was just getting used to mine...it's a bit strange to have something on my foot. You have to learn how to move it and what positions are comfortable, how tight to make the straps, etc., etc., etc.!

Mine has made SUCH a big difference in my pain...I can just say that I hope yours does, too. Good luck!

john on 8/13/99 at 10:23 (009706)

i started immediately by wearing them all night. from all i have read they should be adjusted (if adjustable) to place them in a 5 degree upward flexion which places just a slight stretch on tendons,etc.

Laura on 8/08/99 at 21:52 (009580)

Iris,
I believe it is safe to wear them all night the first night. The only problem I had was just getting used to mine...it's a bit strange to have something on my foot. You have to learn how to move it and what positions are comfortable, how tight to make the straps, etc., etc., etc.!

Mine has made SUCH a big difference in my pain...I can just say that I hope yours does, too. Good luck!

john on 8/13/99 at 10:23 (009706)

i started immediately by wearing them all night. from all i have read they should be adjusted (if adjustable) to place them in a 5 degree upward flexion which places just a slight stretch on tendons,etc.